Post-Game Talk: #26| New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens | December 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-2

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
He'll be seen until Mooseknuckle comes back. And probably beyond that as well, unfortunately.
Barring unforeseen injuries, I could see them waiving him when Knuckles returns.
If they did it 2 months ago, someone might've claimed him.
I suspect that wouldn't happen now.
Let him play in Bridgeport. Wouldn't be a terrible thing for that team to up their talent level.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What I am unclear on is why the refs didn't look at video?
When Lee did that highish stick earlier in season and scored they looked at the video before giving it the ok?
Seems weird/random that they don't look at vid and Isles aren't allowed to challenge when a goal is scored?

Can't answer it for you. Pretty sure it could've been reviewed by the officials, but a high stick isn't something that can be challenged...which seems idiotic if you're allowing challenges. You can see Trotz wants to challenge it, they tell him that he can't and can only challenge for [x,y,z] and then he says he doesn't want to.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’d do some very illegal things for Mr. Trotz
giphy.gif

Reactions: danteipp

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
What I am unclear on is why the refs didn't look at video?
When Lee did that highish stick earlier in season and scored they looked at the video before giving it the ok?
Seems weird/random that they don't look at vid and Isles aren't allowed to challenge when a goal is scored?

I think its bc the goal wasnt actually scored on a high stick. The high stick was prior. The play should have been blown dead there but wasnt.

I may be wrong though

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Ugh, awful effort tonight.

I tell ya though, I had a very vivid, islanders related dream while I was taking my nap between the 2nd and 3rd period.

So, I'm on this cruse-ship thing with some friends of mine; we're on our way to Newfoundland, and the ship is filled with Canadians. There are TV's throughout the ship, and the Isles vs Canadians game is on all the TVs, and for some reason--even though they're all mostly Canadians on the ship--they're all Islander fans and they're all wearing Islander jerseys. The islanders are down 3-0, but start making a come back; 3-1, 3-2, finally they tie it at 3-3, and the whole ship is going nuts. I end up getting an 8MG, heart-shaped pill from someone--some sort of benzodiazepine I assume--and I'm walking around this ship, I keep running into attractive girls I went to school with, but had 0 interest in me. This time around though, they're all interested in me, but I keep getting distracted by the islander game, and all the people on the ship going nuts.

As I'm walking around, the interior of the ship starts to resemble a concourse of a nice arena. I end up running into Dennis Potvin, who's just standing in the concourse/ship thing, as though he's waiting for someone. We lock eyes, he smiles, I walk up to him and say "nice to meet you Mr. Potvin" and hes like "Where've you been? I've been waiting for you so we can watch this game!". I'm honored, and mad at myself that I was screwing around on the ship, while I could have been watching an islander game with an islander legend.

We get into the seating area of the arena, where the Isles vs Habs game is being played. They win in OT, and I turn to Dennis and I say "I tell ya.....this team is good enough to win the cup this year". Dennis, with skepticism on his face replies to me:

"It's always 5mins from midnight kid"

/Dream

Reactions: dood

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I think its bc the goal wasnt actually scored on a high stick. The high stick was prior. The play should have been blown dead there but wasnt.

I may be wrong though
My memory is a bit hazy ...but didn't Lee also deflect with a high stick and then scored off the loose puck? And they went to video on that?
So it just came down to refs today?

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Those that watched this team tonight and other nights see that they have not been shooting , they wait for the perfect play and you will lose more than you win doing that. The habs just threw pucks from every angle and in the end win. The power play sucks and if the Isles make it to playoff they will be out quick
Montreal by no means is a PK machine and we just suck. Bring back Gomez the PP is the same slow movement . They should have lost to Detroit last night and tonight the play a rested team that has lost 8

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Barring unforeseen injuries, I could see them waiving him when Knuckles returns.
If they did it 2 months ago, someone might've claimed him.
I suspect that wouldn't happen now.
Let him play in Bridgeport. Wouldn't be a terrible thing for that team to up their talent level.

Where’s he going?
Lou gave him a 2 year deal, God only knows why?
The guy brings nothing, zero
Clutterbuck and Martin, hell even Leo bring something to the table, DalColle’s biggest strength is, at best, on his 45 second shift he doesn’t do anything really bad?!
I thought Garth was crazy giving Mayfield the extension he gave him. Then thank God, Trotz came along and that contract now is a steal, I don’t see why or how DalColle deserved anything more than a one year extension at the league minimum, I hope I’m wrong
But I doubt it

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Where’s he going?
Lou gave him a 2 year deal, God only knows why?
The guy brings nothing, zero
Clutterbuck and Martin, hell even Leo bring something to the table, DalColle’s biggest strength is, at best, on his 45 second shift he doesn’t do anything really bad?!
I thought Garth was crazy giving Mayfield the extension he gave him. Then thank God, Trotz came along and that contract now is a steal, I don’t see why or how DalColle deserved anything more than a one year extension at the league minimum, I hope I’m wrong
But I doubt it

The length of his deal means nothing because he's making so little. He can be waived and buried in the minors and his entire salary comes off the books. The contract isn't a problem at all, it's that he's a regular on the lineup and can't seem to take the next step. There are too many guys who can't generate anything on this team. Martin, Komarov, Dal Colle, Kuhnhackl, Koivula, Johnston...having one or two is already, but 2/3rds of our bottom 6 is comprised of these guys.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
The length of his deal means nothing because he's making so little. He can be waived and buried in the minors and his entire salary comes off the books. The contract isn't a problem at all, it's that he's a regular on the lineup and can't seem to take the next step. There are too many guys who can't generate anything on this team. Martin, Komarov, Dal Colle, Kuhnhackl, Koivula, Johnston...having one or two is already, but 2/3rds of our bottom 6 is comprised of these guys.

I agree, lack is speed and especially skill is troubling, but
Who’s claiming him on waivers?
Isn’t his a one way deal?
And Leo and his deal are going no where
Kuenhackel and Johnston are spare parts, as should Leo be
Too many 13/14 forwards, not enough top 9 guys

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just out of curiosity.. isles need a whistle to swap G? Or can they do it on the fly?

Now THERE is a trivia question
A bit of both. If a goalie substitution occurs because of an equipment problem, the sub has to play until the next stoppage. After that, and at any other time, you can change goalies on the fly.

An interesting question: what if the sub goes in with two minutes left, with the team down a goal; can he be pulled for an extra attacker before a whistle?

Reactions: Bones45

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I agree, lack is speed and especially skill is troubling, but
Who’s claiming him on waivers?
Isn’t his a one way deal?
And Leo and his deal are going no where
Kuenhackel and Johnston are spare parts, as should Leo be
Too many 13/14 forwards, not enough top 9 guys

One way deals just mean that the player gets paid that amount no matter where they play. His contract could still be buried in the minors. Teams get ~$1M off the cap hit for players buried in the minors, which would be the entire contract for Dal Colle.

Long story short, if he's in the minors he doesn't count against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->