Player Discussion Sabres Acquire Foward Taylor Leier

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
And so ends the Bailey/Baptiste saga.

Though I do have to wonder why exactly this trade was made...in what way is Leier an upgrade on Bailey?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
The Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching debate was interesting over the years. Definitely thought at least one would become something for us.

Best of luck Bailey.

Reactions: jc17

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Another deal coming perhaps ?

5 pts, -7 , 60% f/o % in 39 NHL gms this season. 3rd-4th line grinder or depth for Roch.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I hope the fresh start does Bailey good. I really think he needed it IMO.

I don’t think he’s been the same player since passing through waivers. It really seemed to get in his head.

At some point, I think it’s the right thing to do to give guys like Bailey a fresh start. He was clearly passed by other Sabres prospects and didn’t seem to have much future left here. Hopefully going to Philly will be the thing that revives his NHL career. I’m guessing he may at least get a bit more opportunity there, being a fresh face acquired by the new GM.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

5 pts, -7 , 60% f/o % in 39 NHL gms this season. 3rd-4th line grinder or depth for Roch.

exactly can't really tell the difference between our AHL depth and our 3rd and 4th liners

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

Sometimes deals like this happen and the teams keep talking. Friedman alluded in his 31 thoughts this week that Fletcher might be open to movin on from Nolan Patrick. Seems like a deal Botterill would consider

Reactions: Smile Ivan

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Coming back early on the tail of this news.

My question is why? Bailey wasn't a world beater, and was basically on his last rope, but Leier looks like just another AHL body that's older, and not more productive.

Can anyone explain the logic?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Per Flyers fans, he's small, quick, battles hard, not particularly strong, and an AHL player through and through.

So, this move in total is a CoS in the AHL. weird.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Coming back early on the tail of this news.

My question is why? Bailey wasn't a world beater, and was basically on his last rope, but Leier looks like just another AHL body that's older, and not more productive.

Can anyone explain the logic?
Because Bailey isn’t very good IMO. Botts thinks Leier is a better player and I don’t blame him.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It was time for Bailey to leave the organization. He had no future here and if he had ever received a future call up over Nylander, Olofsson, Smith etc people would be mad. Bailey did nothing after being waived and is a #13/14 forward at best and likely an ahl guy long term.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
In a vacuum I think I'd prefer Bailey. But this right here, this is a hockey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->