Recalled/Assigned: 12-12 - D Matt Hunwick Assigned to the Amerks on a Conditioning Loan; Recalled on 12-15

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He's our new enforcer.

Hunwick held his own much better than I expected against Kaner.

I'm reading that Hunwick was pretty much playing hurt from the get go last season. Maybe if he can get himself into shape and past his injury he can be the guy that Babcock used to play all the time. Even if there isn't room he's an upgrade on Tennyson and he can be a piece in a trade later. Maybe he even outplays Scandella, though I'm not betting on it.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Hunwick held his own much better than I expected against Kaner.

I'm reading that Hunwick was pretty much playing hurt from the get go last season. Maybe if he can get himself into shape and past his injury he can be the guy that Babcock used to play all the time. Even if there isn't room he's an upgrade on Tennyson and he can be a piece in a trade later. Maybe he even outplays Scandella, though I'm not betting on it.

One of the conditions on the conditional 4th we sent Pittsburgh is that it will become a 3rd if Hunwick is traded prior to the 2019 draft. The other conditions are if Sheary scores 20 or more goals or 40 or more points

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
One of the conditions on the conditional 4th we sent Pittsburgh is that it will become a 3rd if Hunwick is traded prior to the 2019 draft. The other conditions are if Sheary scores 20 or more goals or 40 or more points

I remember that - but I figure that Sheary should reach one or both of those anyway.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With the long, long layoff, it's hard to imagine him getting into the lineup at this point. But stranger things have happened.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
He had his ups and downs vs BOS but doesn’t quite have Alfred’s magic touch of helping pucks end up in the Sabres net.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I thought Hunwick looked okay last night. Timing a bit off at times, but he knew what to do. I wasn't sure if he'd be better than Tennyson, but yeah, he is. I expect he'll get a little better than last night with some playing time.

Reactions: sabres4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad