Confirmed with Link: Sabres trade Taylor Fedun to Dallas for conditional 2020 7th round pick

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Just got this text. Weird timing, but sure. Had too many dmen in Rochester, and would like some picks back from the Skinner deal. I like it.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
He won't meet those conditions, so basically just to get rid of him. No room for him really down there anyways though, best of luck in Texas.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The condition is probably him playing nhl games so I wouldn’t worry about figuring it out

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Thank you, six defensemen injured between Dallas/Texas.. needed some people to play :)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
How many seventh round picks would you need to trade for one first? :sarcasm:
I looked around for a bit and I think there’s a 2-3% chance to get a top 4 d-man/top 6 forward with a 7th round pick. A low first is probably around 20-30% Thing is you probably have a clear idea about who to pick in the first round while the 7th round is very muddy.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Crazy random thought but any chance getting rid of Fedun deal let’s Redmond get signed?
I don't see any point to that. The Sabres don't have any shortage of defensemen that would require Redmond in the NHL and there really isn't any other reason to sign him to an NHL deal. It's more about just having too many vet defensemen, and trying to clear out a body.
Like the only other angle is see is maybe Hunwick is back soon, in which case they'll still have a logjam of vet AHL defensemen (assuming Hunwick goes down - which he should), but it'll be less of a mess without Fedun in the mix than with him.

Reactions: joshjull

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
My comment in the gameday thread about Fedun caused a bump in a very old thread and thus inspired hope in others, hopefully this is the butterfly effect needed for me to hit the powerball tomorrow!

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad