Confirmed with Link: Sabres Acquire D Jack Dougherty for F Nicholas Baptiste

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
BUFFALO, N.Y. (October 1, 2018) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has acquired defenseman Jack Dougherty from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Nicholas Baptiste.
Dougherty (6’1”, 186 lbs., 5/25/1996) has spent each of the last two seasons playing for the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), where he appeared in 141 career AHL contests. Nashville’s second-round pick (51st overall) in the 2014 NHL Draft, Dougherty also appeared in three playoff games for the Admirals.

Before turning pro, Dougherty played one season for the Portland Winterhawks (WHL). In 68 games for Portland, the St. Paul, Minnesota native ranked second among team defensemen with 52 points (11+41). He also spent the 2014-15 season with the Wisconsin Badgers (NCAA), where he finished with nine points (2+7) in 33 games as a freshman. Dougherty recorded four points (2+2) in seven games as a member of the United States team that won the gold medal at the 2014 IIHF World U18 Championship.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Not surprised to see Baptiste out, this training camp was basically his last opportunity to make something happen. I like the swap of positions, don't really know anything about Dougherty, though.

Reactions: brian_griffin

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
weird, I'm a Preds fan who used to work in the Sabres org tree. Dougherty hit the wall of defensemen that is the top 6 of Nashville. I would have bet $ that he would make the bottom 6 of Nashville but nope. Baptiste will be interesting with him playing a block from the National Baptiste Convention. Very gritty guy, I would not be shocked to see him in Nashville bottom 6 some day.

Reactions: Top Pair Imposter

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Dougherty is a kid from Minnesota playing in the Preds organization. I wonder who vouched for him. :laugh:

In all seriousness, and echoing others, it was time to move on from Baptiste. Given the trades of Baptiste and Fasching, I'm not sure that Justin Bailey should be purchasing real estate in WNY.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah, Baptiste's time was up, no doubt.

Still like the player. Just of luck.

I remember Jack Dougherty being a Dman I really wanted in 2014. No idea how he turned out.
Same I remember liking him. I wanted him or Mckeown over Karabacek. That whole draft was rough. Leaving Dvorak and Point on the board

Reactions: Chainshot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dougherty's stat line certainly looks like a middle/bottom pair AHL dman. I'll wait for a credible report to confirm though.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Wish him the best of luck! He may simply need a change of scenery. I also know nothing about Jack Doughtery but getting a playerback is a good thing.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Once Baptiste went from a speed/offense guy to a do the little things 4th liner the writing was on the wall

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Dougherty was on a lot of our lists at the draft. I don't know how his progression has gone the past couple seasons but Baptiste could've been claimed off waivers and few here would have cared. So, I like the trade as a shake-up alone.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Looks like he’s between Nelson and Borgen on the depth chart? Given the oft injured status of Bogosian probably a pretty good pickup. Both look like tweener nhlers. Moving area of depth to address org weakness (rhd)

Not earth shattering but a solid deal

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad