Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Over under 48 points as a rookie?

I know Myers was a D+2 when he was a rookie and won the Calder but I am curious to see if Dahlin can put up the #s that Myers did. With RoR gone I am guessing our top PP unit will be

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Reinhart/Okposo

Dahlin-Risto

If we were able to have the #1 PP 2 seasons ago with a PP1 based around Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Okposo. Mittelstadt for RoR is an upgrade strictly on the PP when you consider strictly offensive talent as Casey is a better passer, shooter, playmaker etc.

But in the end while I think he will come close I think he will just fall short and put up something like 15-30-45. I am pretty confident that we will have 2 of the 3 Calder finalists (Casey and Rasmus). If say Casey or another rookie forward puts up 55 points and Dahlin puts up 45 I assume the voters would give the nod to Dahlin as 45 points as an 18 year old true rookie dman is more impressive then 55 points from a D+2 forward.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Over under 48 points as a rookie?

I know Myers was a D+2 when he was a rookie and won the Calder but I am curious to see if Dahlin can put up the #s that Myers did. With RoR gone I am guessing our top PP unit will be

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Reinhart/Okposo

Dahlin-Risto

If we were able to have the #1 PP 2 seasons ago with a PP1 based around Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Okposo. Mittelstadt for RoR is an upgrade strictly on the PP when you consider strictly offensive talent as Casey is a better passer, shooter, playmaker etc.

But in the end while I think he will come close I think he will just fall short and put up something like 15-30-45. I am pretty confident that we will have 2 of the 3 Calder finalists (Casey and Rasmus). If say Casey or another rookie forward puts up 55 points and Dahlin puts up 45 I assume the voters would give the nod to Dahlin as 45 points as an 18 year old true rookie dman is more impressive then 55 points from a D+2 forward.

Depends on which PP unit they put him on as that alone is probably a 10-15 point difference. Our team tends to frontload PP1 time very heavy like Pittsburgh. I also don't see them using two D on PP1.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES SIGN DAHLIN TO ENTRY-LEVEL CONTRACT

BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 9, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed defenseman Rasmus Dahlin to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Dahlin (6’3”, 185 lbs., 4/13/2000) was taken by Buffalo with the first overall selection in the 2018 NHL Draft last month in Dallas. He became just the third player to be taken No. 1 overall by the Sabres, joining Gilbert Perreault (1970) and Pierre Turgeon (1987).

cut.jpg

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
SABRES SIGN DAHLIN TO ENTRY-LEVEL CONTRACT

BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 9, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed defenseman Rasmus Dahlin to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Dahlin (6’3”, 185 lbs., 4/13/2000) was taken by Buffalo with the first overall selection in the 2018 NHL Draft last month in Dallas. He became just the third player to be taken No. 1 overall by the Sabres, joining Gilbert Perreault (1970) and Pierre Turgeon (1987).

cut.jpg
Botterill has aged.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Not that it matters, but is he back in town? Or did he sign this during camp and they waited to release it publicly for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad