Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign D Brandon Hickey to ELC

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Glad to salvage something out of the abysmal McNabb LA trade. I like that Hickey fits the speed puckmoving style that Sabres want to move towards.

Seems like foot speed is something Tim Murray didn't give two $#%^s about in his trades.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Nice! Glad he didn't see our current over-abundance of LH D as reason not to sign here... (most suck, so I don't see why he would have).

Fasching for Hickey could end up being a nice little win for Buffalo.
Hopefully it's a win-win, cause I want to see Fasching do well, too.

Nice trade by Botts, though.
Flipped one of 3 RW prospects no longer eligible for waivers, and turned it into a pretty good defensive prospect (IMO).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
This is really good news. Rebuilding for real this time.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Probably felt confident with Greeley helping make it happen.

Greeley seems like he could be a good add.

We know he played a major role in Pilut signing here, and I'd guess he played a major role in Hickey signing too. Heard he also played a role in drafting Mittelstadt.

Hoping he has an eye for talent...
and a knack for getting these free agents signed... lol.

Reactions: Dingo44

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any chance Hickey is re-signed?

Doesn't seem likely given his limited role this past season. Plus, the signing of Samuelsson in addition to Borgen, Fitzgerald and Bryson all having one year remaining that there isn't much room for him in the Sabres' system.

I'd imagine his options are either an AHL deal elsewhere or possibly heading to Europe.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Any chance Hickey is re-signed?

Doesn't seem likely given his limited role this past season. Plus, the signing of Samuelsson in addition to Borgen, Fitzgerald and Bryson all having one year remaining that there isn't much room for him in the Sabres' system.

I'd imagine his options are either an AHL deal elsewhere or possibly heading to Europe.

Sorry, Brandon. We don’t know what’s going to happen to you, either.

I’m assuming you must be Mr. Hickey himself to necrobump a 2 year old thread about a #11 defenseman. :sarcasm::laugh:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sorry, Brandon. We don’t know what’s going to happen to you, either.

I’m assuming you must be Mr. Hickey himself to necrobump a 2 year old thread about a #11 defenseman. :sarcasm::laugh:

You know what they say about "assuming".

Was looking for a more recent posting but couldn't find it. Clearly without your acumen on these boards it was an error.

Appreciate your mature and helpful response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad