GDT: [#25] @ West Edmonton Mall

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
It pretty clearly didn’t entirely cross the red line.

Ah, I see now with complete clarity- inconclusive!
download_20181127_225147-01.jpeg

Whatever, I just want some Stars wins :P

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
its 2018 and we still cant figure out if the puck crossed/didnt cross the red line

to be fair, we dont want chips/etc and it degrades to a sort of fuzzy pinkish hue where it counts in the vid/still .. if it was waved off and there was a bit of pink.. :\

dna evidence concludes this puck is NOT THE FATHER

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
to be fair, we dont want chips/etc and it degrades to a sort of fuzzy pinkish hue where it counts in the vid/still .. if it was waved off and there was a bit of pink.. :\

Why don’t we want chips? I’ve never understoof why this mantra keeps coming up.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Also, the Oilers need to repaint their f***ing ice. How does a single purpose building have a goal line that fuzzy?

With a clearly painted line, that is a goal.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Jul 23, 2010
I think the on-ice call was the deciding factor. I don’t there it was clear enough either way to overturn.

I don’t understand how the NHL doesn’t have a better process for this already. You’d have thought after 2004 they’d handle it, but I guess not.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Speed is king in the NHL now and gap control is far more important. Our problem is our speedsters aren't good and our good players aren't fast. And every team knows how to beat a slow, talented team, and that's a Ken Hitchcock Trap Special. And everyone runs a neutral zone trap or oppressive forecheck. Plus we've gone back to the obstruction era in an attempt to reduce concussions and major injuries for guys racing for pucks.

Team looked like they put forth some effort last night but I can't say it was a super fantastic effort.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Speed is king in the NHL now and gap control is far more important. Our problem is our speedsters aren't good and our good players aren't fast. And every team knows how to beat a slow, talented team, and that's a Ken Hitchcock Trap Special. And everyone runs a neutral zone trap or oppressive forecheck. Plus we've gone back to the obstruction era in an attempt to reduce concussions and major injuries for guys racing for pucks.

This is a lot of why Heiskanen has looked so good, IMO. His strengths are exactly what the NHL is built for right now.

Beyond him just being good at the game, of course.

Reactions: Kcb12345

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I think the on-ice call was the deciding factor. I don’t there it was clear enough either way to overturn.

I don’t understand how the NHL doesn’t have a better process for this already. You’d have thought after 2004 they’d handle it, but I guess not.

I think what we can all agree on is that it sucks to lose yet again even though we pulled a point :\
I hope we get healthy sooner than later and or make some sort of transactions instead of languoring in hockey purgatory :{

let's light up this CGY team tonight :D

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
a guy wearing an oilers jacket passed me by* on the street today

* i beat him up

hockej hooliganism

Reactions: serp

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan