Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State in Thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
First one was a landslide as expected, Provy wins by a distance. Poll 2 open.

#1 - Ivan Provorov - 87.3%

----------------------------------------------------

From Original Thread:

Figured this is fun elsewhere, thought we'd see if we could get a collective together before the new season. 24 hours for each poll as they go.

You answer the questions how you feel of course, but i base my rankings on potential. This way you'll probably see a risky Ratcliffe over a reliable Laughton. Others see NHL experience as a bigger positive than a question mark, it's up to you.

I think #1 is going to be a bit of a whitewash, but here we go.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
If Kony was C there's no question he would be consensus n2 and for a good reason. He is the better player.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If Kony was C there's no question he would be consensus n2 and for a good reason. He is the better player.
Better than who? NP? The Neck in his second year scored 17 more points than Patrick in his rookie year last season with more TOI and more games (and probably better linemates but I honestly don't remember who The Neck was playing with most of the year...maybe it was Patrick haha). Patrick has too much potential to list anywhere but 1 or 2, that could change as time moves on, but right now he is solidly at #2 regardless or where The Neck plays.

Reactions: mdm815

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
#1 Prov #2 Patrick #3 TK #4 Hart #5 Sandheim #6 Frost #7 Myers #8 Farabee #9 Linnblom #10 Allison # 11 Laughtn #12 Hagg #13 Vorobev #14 Rubtsov #15 O'Brien
How am i doing so far?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Still have no idea what we are doing, but I voted for Hart. If he pans out, he will be the most important player we have had in three-plus decades.

What part of it don't you get bud? It's a poll of our top 25 players under 25. As i put in the OP, you vote for them under your own criteria if you wish but i'm doing it on potential, on their ceiling and how much i believe they'll reach it.

Reactions: RANKKA

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
you guys are saying by potential TK is 3rd im gonna vote like 4 guys before him

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
you guys are saying by potential TK is 3rd im gonna vote like 4 guys before him

Sanheim... maybe.

Hart... if you are big believer than ok.

But who are these other two guys that you would put above a ~25g ~50p 21 year old, who was 9th in the NHL in 5v5 points post-Christmas?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What part of it don't you get bud? It's a poll of our top 25 players under 25. As i put in the OP, you vote for them under your own criteria if you wish but i'm doing it on potential, on their ceiling and how much i believe they'll reach it.

I guess I don't get why it's different from the polls we are running already. That's not a criticism of the thread, I just don't know what's different.

EDIT: I mean I understand that it includes some guys who are not prospects anymore for the other thread. I guess that's the difference.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Sanheim... maybe.

Hart... if you are big believer than ok.

But who are these other two guys that you would put above a ~25g ~50p 21 year old, who was 9th in the NHL in 5v5 points post-Christmas?
not even sanheim lol, hart, myers, frost, farabee

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Last year. With Patrick coming off surgery.

TK might have more scoring potential but Patrick will impact games in far more ways than TK, similar to Couts he'll take faceoffs, be matched against top centers, play on the PP and the PK (and he's already a better PP player than TK).
When you look at overall value, it's not even close, even if TK becomes a 40 goal scorer.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
not even sanheim lol, hart, myers, frost, farabee

tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
TK gonna be more valuable than Hart? agree to disagree then

If Hart reaches his potential, he could be more valuable than either Patrick or Provorov. A steady franchise goaltender than can put up solid numbers for the next 15 years is a rare thing indeed. But, the jump from juniors to pro leagues has proved difficult for many goalies. Few if any have been as talented as Hart to we'll have to see. If you did this list again next January and Hart is destroying the AHL, then I think plenty of people could put him above TK and not recieve too much flak.

Reactions: RANKKA

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
TK gonna be more valuable than Hart? agree to disagree then

The Carter Hart hype is out of control. It's a joke at this point.

TK was one of the better even strength point producers in the whole league after being bumped up last year. Total electricity. You value a junior goalie more?

I don't see how you can even consider passing on guys like Sanheim or Myers for Hart. These are likely top 4 defensemen with immense physical gifts. Again, you'd rather have a junior goalie over those horses?

Are we forgetting how highly volatile goalies are?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
The Carter Hart hype is out of control. It's a joke at this point.

TK was one of the better even strength point producers in the whole league after being bumped up last year. Total electricity. You value a junior goalie more?

I don't see how you can even consider passing on a guys like Sanheim or Myers for Hart. These are practically sure-fire top 4 defensemen with immense physical gifts. Again, you'd rather have a junior goalie over those horses?

Are we forgetting how highly volatile goalies are?
just voting for the potential mate

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Provorov, Patrick, Hart, Myers, TK, Frost and Sanheim would be my top 7, in that order, based on where I see them in their primes. After that it is harder to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad