25 under 25 - HF Edition - #1

25 Under 25 - #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Figured this is fun elsewhere, thought we'd see if we could get a collective together before the new season. 24 hours for each poll as they go.

You answer the questions how you feel of course, but i base my rankings on potential. This way you'll probably see a risky Ratcliffe over a reliable Laughton. Others see NHL experience as a bigger positive than a question mark, it's up to you.

I think #1 is going to be a bit of a whitewash, but here we go.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Provolone. Dude's a beast. Only way he isn't #1 for a while is if Patrick explodes, and even then as long as Provolone keeps on the upswing I'd still keep him there.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What criteria? Trade value? Ultimate upside? Expected play?

Provorov and Patrick are obviously 1 & 2.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It shouldn't be.
20180830_124403.jpg
giphy-2.gif

Reactions: RANKKA

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Really? Nolan Patrick is the truth. He will eventually be our best player. I'm not afraid to project and certainly won't dock NP for being 2 years behind Ivan and not having his NHL track record yet.

Vote for Ivan if you want, but this should not be a runaway. NP is going to be a beast. If voting for a guy that was just the 2nd overall pick and flashed brilliance when healthy is considered wrong, I'll gladly be branded wrong all day.

Reactions: Squad50FF

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, I think Patrick has more ultimate upside than Provorov, but right now Provorov is a better bet to reach his ceiling.
Of course, this is like choosing between the two finalists at a beauty contest when both are total knockouts, the red head or the blonde?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Really? Nolan Patrick is the truth. He will eventually be our best player. I'm not afraid to project and certainly won't dock NP for being 2 years behind Ivan and not having his NHL track record yet.

Vote for Ivan if you want, but this should not be a runaway. NP is going to be a beast. If voting for a guy that was just the 2nd overall pick and flashed brilliance when healthy is considered wrong, I'll gladly be branded wrong all day.

I just think a bonafide 1D is more important than a mid-tier 1C. I dont project Patrick as a top 10 NHL C but I do think peak Provorov will be a top 10 if not top 5 all-around dman.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just think a bonafide 1D is more important than a mid-tier 1C. I dont project Patrick as a top 10 NHL C but I do think peak Provorov will be a top 10 if not top 5 all-around dman.

I've never thought Provorov has that sort of ceiling. I've written about it before and have already posted way too much on here today. So I really don't want to get dragged into a long debate.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've never thought Provorov has that sort of ceiling. I've written about it before and have already posted way too much on here today. So I really don't want to get dragged into a long debate.

You should know I dont do long debates lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I definitely project Patrick as a top 10 NHL center, maybe not top ten in offense every year, but like Couts, a guy who is a plus player in every aspect of the game, scoring, defense, PK, PP, and who will be on the WAR leader board every season. He should fill out to around 6'2 215 or so the next couple years, and that will give him the strength to round out his game, to me he's Couts with more raw skill, especially skating.

I also project Provorov as a top ten defenseman if he puts it all together, he's a top ES guy, a plus PK guy, needs to at least be solid on PP2 and cut back on bad turnovers in his own D-zone. He may end up never winning a Norris because he lacks the flash that garners votes, but if he keeps improving his shot then 20+ goal seasons will give him a chance.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I would love to see, if Ghost and Couturier were in, for whom people would vote.

Well, I guess that's the issue. I think it's comparing one mid-tier 1D to another mid-tier 1C in potential. And Patrick actually will play PP1 one day; I expect him to be a main PKer too. If Lappy and Davey can stop ruining their jorts -- shoutout @HakstolisAFartVacuum -- to garbage PKers, I'd try him out there this season.

Like I think they're equal ceiling players. Yes, Provorov is obviously more accomplished given he's 2 years older. But I fully expect Patrick to get to his level this season. I really don't see the issue with voting for either over the other. Neither is Dahlin or Hughes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't understand the criteria for this or what we are doing, but I voted for Sanheim, and I'll tell you why - I am a very serious enemy of revisionist history in all its guises, and for the past few months I have become very sick of seeing people mischaracterize the Cannon's performances last season. My vote wouldn't have made a difference anyway, even if I understood what we are doing, so I'll just let it stand as a statement of support for the Cannon and also a tacit suggestion to Fire Hakstok.

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
Meh, I think Patrick has more ultimate upside than Provorov, but right now Provorov is a better bet to reach his ceiling.
Of course, this is like choosing between the two finalists at a beauty contest when both are total knockouts, the red head or the blonde?
always the redhead.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think Provorov is going to be a near perennial Norris candidate. Let's say, Drew Doughty. I don't see Patrick quite being Anze Kopitar.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would love to see, if Ghost and Couturier were in, for whom people would vote.

Well, I guess that's the issue. I think it's comparing one mid-tier 1D to another mid-tier 1C in potential. And Patrick actually will play PP1 one day; I expect him to be a main PKer too. If Lappy and Davey can stop ruining their jorts -- shoutout @HakstolisAFartVacuum -- to garbage PKers, I'd try him out there this season.

Like I think they're equal ceiling players. Yes, Provorov is obviously more accomplished given he's 2 years older. But I fully expect Patrick to get to his level this season. I really don't see the issue with voting for either over the other. Neither is Dahlin or Hughes.

I love them both so whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad