GDT: #25 - MN Wild @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets 11-29-2018

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Yes, I'm going to venture that a guy who has bounced through 4 teams by the time he hits 24 might have some differences in opinion on how to play hard.

I'm no expert but I'm going to guess that he showed up here and decided to work to save his career and had early success. Now he's sitting back and not working as hard because he still has an immaturity about him that thinks being in the NHL is easy because he scored a few goals. Everyone knows he has talent and speed but Torts is the reason he is here to give him the tough love he needs if he wants to stay in the league. He can either get on the bus or the bus is going to leave him behind.

The article they ran in The Athletic said this exact thing, but with direct quotes from Torts, Duke, Jarmo and Davidson.

He actually wanted to play for a guy like Torts because he knew he would constantly be on him about improving his game. A coach that would never let him get complacent

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Bottom line is... Riley Nash actually scored a point or two tonight!

EVERY single one of us should be going to bed happy. End of story, until the next game. :laugh:

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm done worrying about whichever kid is out of the lineup. For all the talk of message sending, I think Torts is mostly just going with the best lineup he can.

That game felt like watching a well-oiled machine.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I grew up on Long Island. Have not seen a hockey game there since the late 70s! Although I have seen Heart, ZZ Top and Billy Joel there. Jack Parr opened for Heart..."Let's get...Naughty Naughty". Good memories :)

John Parr. Unless you actually mean the Tonight Show host who preceded Carson.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm done worrying about whichever kid is out of the lineup. For all the talk of message sending, I think Torts is mostly just going with the best lineup he can.

That game felt like watching a well-oiled machine.

Is it more accurate to claim that Torts has once again "found the room", or that his, "voice carries weight in the room" … again...…??

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The second period was some of the better checking I've seen from our team. Always fun for me when I see the Mild lose.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
From everything Torts has said the choice is either Duclair OR Bjork. Not both in the same game. Third line wing seems to be the only available slot in the team as Torts now sees it.

Anyway, last nite was a solid, well controlled win.

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
From everything Torts has said the choice is either Duclair OR Bjork. Not both in the same game. Third line wing seems to be the only available slot in the team as Torts now sees it.
That reflects the present situation; that question was about a hypothetical future.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Her name is Alisa Znarok. You could see her in the background during the famous Panarin-Radulov video chat. She is kind of a model and common believe is that she wants to live in a big city with a big modeling agencies. Also she is a daughter of the former Russia NT head coach Oleg Znarok.
Actually her flikr profile says she's a "New York based model".

Ok, well I kinda see his point, but he is not terrible looking, so I'm sure there are plenty of women in Columbus that he might also be interested in.. It has worked for many Jim Furyk for example.

No no... Artemi needs to grow a pair and and get her signed up as a Victoria Secret model.. Where is Les Wexner when you need him?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Let me also add that having other teams talk about which of your star Russians they would rather have really sucks. I' m glad that there is a guy like Cam Atkinson that says he loves it hear and wants to play his whole career here, because I'm not feeling the love from Bread or Bobs..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->