Confirmed with Link: Casey Nelson re-signs (2yrs, AAV $812.5k)

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
(obviously Nelson is the RHD backup plan in case Dahlin won't sign in BUF)

True story: My wife's great-grandfather's last name was Nelson. When he went into the Swedish army for his military service, the inducting officer said there were too many Nelsons, so he made him choose a new different (Swedish) last name, which has remained the family last name to this day. When my wife learned that story, she gave her first son the middle name Nelson to commemorate/preserve that legacy.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Good signing :)
Risto, Dahlin, Bogo, Nelson, Borgen on the right. I'm cool with that Play the first 3 until Bogo inevitably breaks down and 1 of Nelson or Borgen can jump in the lineup. Even the left is not exactly atrocious with Scandella, McCabe, Guhle, Pilut (supposedly), Bealieu although I'd rather trade away McCabe and get an actual top4 D instead.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
You’re talking about one of the few bright spots in an otherwise forgettable season (of garbage)... this makes me way happier than it probably should.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Fedun's deal is two-way and for league minimum. This is for more than league minimum and presumably one-way. I don't see the connection other than both being two year deals for less than $1M per.

Is there any confirmation it's a 1-way deal? With the current logjam at D (even if they are mediocre D) it would have made sense to perhaps do a two-way on year 1 and one-way on year 2 type deal.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Is there any confirmation it's a 1-way deal? With the current logjam at D (even if they are mediocre D) it would have made sense to perhaps do a two-way on year 1 and one-way on year 2 type deal.
There's no confirmation, but Nelson's previous deal was one-way the second year.

Reactions: jBuds

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fedun's deal is two-way and for league minimum. This is for more than league minimum and presumably one-way. I don't see the connection other than both being two year deals for less than $1M per.
I was thinking more about cheap depth.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I was thinking more about cheap depth.
It's cheap depth, sure, but Fedun's deal looks like a deal for a guy you expect to be in the minors (minimum NHL salary, two-way but with a high minor league salary). Nelson's deal is obviously low risk, but it doesn't look like they expect him riding the bus with Rochester.

Reactions: jBuds and Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad