Player Discussion Daniel O'Regan - F, UFA - Signed by the Rangers 7/1/19

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Elite prospects lists him at 5'10" but his Sharks' profile had him at 5'9".

AHL Rookie of the Year for 2016-17
63 games, 23 goals, 35 assists for 58 points as a rookie

Some highlights:

The 2015 Beanpot winner (forgot this was him):

Sharks' prospect feature from Dec. 2016

Jack finding him at 1:38, then him finding Jack at 1:52 of this clip (also fun to see ERod in this vid), Danny's second is at about 3:25

wildandwoolly

Scrappy Salad
Jul 3, 2012
Catskills
Thanks for this.

Kris Baker mentioned he was a small speedy guy, and this (move) is probably one of his last shots at cracking the big club. A great top 6 AHL player, and might not have much success in the NHL - but he could be a good role player one day. Just what I remember hearing. Expectations aren't very high - but will likely contribute one way or another.

Was also AHL Rookie of the Year last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
More of his work with Jack at BU:

O'Regan winner in the NCAA NE Regionals against Yale (plus some work with ERod, including an assist on Rodrigues goal, almost winning it in the last seconds of the game and then the GWG in OT):

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I am intrigued by him. He's clearly got some skill and savvy. Be interesting to see if he can make the jump and rekindle the chemistry from college with the other two.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'll do a little patting myself on the back...

I want to find the Gourde/Dotchin package on another team....

If last year, if we had a top rental to trade... and a tampa fan was offering Gourde, Dotchin, 2nd.... I imagine we'd ALL be laughing at the offer... a year later, and both of them are key contributors on the best team in the league.

Gourde was a UDFA, Dotchin a 6th rounder, they were just beginning to sniff the NHL.... whenever we go hunting for trade offers its a merry go round of former 1st rounders we want in return.

anyways....

Danny O'regan W was a 5th rounder, largely thanks to a season playing with Jack Eichel. He returned for his senior season, and kept up nearly the same scoring pace. Last year, he debuted in the AHL and nearly went a point per game... and he's doing it again this year.

He's small, underrated... but he can play.

Tim Heed D was a 5th rounder in 2010.... yea... he's been on the long curver for development. But it's paid off. He's been in Sweden/SHL for years. He finally came over last year and was a monster in the AHL, with 56 points in 55 games from the backend. This year, he's got 10 pts in 20 games for San Jose.

O'regan, Heed, and a pick for Kane

It's not flashy... but it works.

That was from December...

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
XXXX-Eichel-O'regan
XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
XXXX-Erod-Okposo
XXXX-Larsson-Baptiste

Hopefully Eichel is coming back pretty soon.... because I'd like to see this test driven before the end of the season.

Let's be honest... we acquired O'regan because of his connection/chemistry with Eichel.... so don't bullshit around by playing him with Larsson....

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Always liked him from afar, so im interested to see how he does the last 20 games in Rochester. I see him being a decent bottom 6 addition next year

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
XXXX-Eichel-O'regan
XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
XXXX-Erod-Okposo
XXXX-Larsson-Baptiste

Hopefully Eichel is coming back pretty soon.... because I'd like to see this test driven before the end of the season.

Let's be honest... we acquired O'regan because of his connection/chemistry with Eichel.... so don't bull**** around by playing him with Larsson....

Rodrigues is not a good center. Rodrigues is not a good center. Rodrigues is not a good center. Eichel has carried every line he's been on-- he will do fine with two speedy wingers who don't cough up the puck every 2 seconds and actually try to maintain possession.

Rodrigues-Eichel-O'regan
XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
Wilson-Girgensons-Okposo
Fasching-Larsson-Baptiste/Pominville

You need an XXXX (Nylander or Mittlestadt eventually, so it can be a short-term option), and you need to at least upgrade Larsson (he's bad).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad