GDT: #24 - Your Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings 11-26-18

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
12 pages, haven't read anything. I have faith in you guys though.

If that was Korpisalo……

??

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
A win is a win. 2 points is two points.
We beat a Detroit team that was red hot coming into tonight and quite frankly if they had good goaltending and a decent defense tonight, we would’ve got hosed.

See y’all back here Thursday night! #BeatMinny

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I take it being the most consistent backchecking forward doesn't count either.

Seriously, we're right back to "defense doesn't matter, only points scored". With an attitude like that I can see why you might not be a big fan of John Tortorella. ;)

Well, Wennberg is nowhere near the, "most consistent backchecking forward" either, whatever that is anyway.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sure thing, chief. One assist -2 and played 11 and 12 minutes in 2 of them-with no shots in either of those two games. Top offensive player in that stretch:laugh:
major major did not describe him as a "top offensive player", just as "one of the better forwards". Y'all need to get off the idea that Forwards And Only Forwards Score and Defensemen And Only Defensemen Defend.

* * *​
Well, Wennberg is nowhere near the, "most consistent backchecking forward" either, whatever that is anyway.
By far the most common non-defenseman I see in the defensive zone (as the puck initially reaches that zone - transitioning in, not out) supporting another blueliner when someone has pinched in is #10. I stand by that remark.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Overall I’m meh on Wennberg. He’s reasonably sound defensively and offensively one-dimensional. I find him neither as bad as some claim, nor as good as claimed by others. He’s a good 3rd line center. But this isn’t a good 3rd line construction because offensively Wennberg is strictly an assist guy and he’s playing with only one player that will tally assists for him.

Some have cited guys he seemingly hasn’t meshed with and there’s statistical support for some of those claims. But to get the full money’s worth out of Wennberg, he needs a scoring winger to his left. I don’t have the name- just citing the need.

Apologies to those who find my take as “too Swiss.”....(well, not really :cool:)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Didn't we lead this game 5-2.. what kind of implosion occurred?? on second thought let me just move on knowing we got 2 points from a hot team. Nice to win in Detroit considering the bomb the Buckeyes laid on UM Saturday. Suddenly everything is good.. first time Bob has won a game in which he gave up 5 goals ( now there is a stat we don't need to see repeated)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad