HF Habs: 24 Together: 25th Year Anniversary of Habs '93 Cup (May 28th on Sportsnet)

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Does anyone know of a link to watch this online? I don’t have cable and I haven’t been able to find a link. Thanks.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Media then Fans

Incredibly boring hockey with limited/no success and they're still treated/followed like the legendary teams of the past and sell out every game

Restrictions on who can manage/coach/play based on language

Such history, Original 6, so many HOFs/Cups, tradition, blah blah blah, such bull**** is more like it

If 10 people showed up in the stands to start the 2018-19 season and no media there would be a day of reckoning

Management need to know it's ok to rebuild and it's ok to get the best people for the job on or off the ice but after that just making the playoffs should never be a goal nor celebrated as an achievement

This bugs me a lot. Bergevin brings up 100 point seasons, playoff appearances and games played in the playoffs as achievements. All I see when I see regular seasons like that and lots of playoff games played is failure. If you’re putting up those types of numbers in the regular season, your goal should be a Stanley Cup and anything else should be considered not meeting your goal. And getting bounced in the first/second round and clinging on to one run you made the ECF 4 years ago just looks desperate. Yeah, it’s tough to win it all, we all know that. But don’t hide behind that excuse and try to deflect negative attention off yourself by using the past, something Bergevin always does. The more successful you are in the regular season, the higher the expectations should be in the playoffs and the success hasn’t been there. Period. Two missed playoffs in 3 years is unacceptable. They should stop talking about all this “success” we’ve been having and look at the facts. We have 2 wins in 3 years in the playoffs. That’s awful. Whocares if you had 103 points in the regular season if you’re an easy first round exit?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I just can't fathom Sportsnet or anything they produce.. so I'll take your words for it.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Man I was so emotional watching them win a cup the Montreal Canadiens! My favourite team for so many years since I was very young! Now that I watched it and seeing our team, were in a long road to the cup! Sad that I probably won't get to watch 25th Stanley in my life time lol. I'm young but seeing them win was very touching and would be amazing to see the 25th in this era!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Easily, it could have been an hour long.........but since it wasn't da Leafs, they edited down to half an hour...too bad.

It was nice, going down memory lane on this one...............
It looked like Demers was in a permanent care facility, I was unaware of this.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It looked like Demers was in a permanent care facility, I was unaware of this.
He suffered a stroke, and could be that his family may not be able to care for him, or maybe he needs specialized care, by staff who are trained in helping him. That was hard to see him, in a wheelchair.......such a great coach, a real players coach.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Reactions: BLONG7

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
That man overcame so much to stay at the top of the coaching world.
Former NHL coach Jacques Demers admits he's illiterate | CBC Sports

so that's why he wasn't strong with the X and O's

tenor.gif

all jokes aside, loved him

Reactions: OldCraig71

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I watched it. Great to see.

I was impressed at how many players they talked to - could have been an hour easily.

McSorely is a whiner. Which makes it sweeter.

Interesting observation by Brad May - they scored 3 a game in Patrick, but couldn’t ever get the one that mattered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad