GDT: [#23] Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, TSN3)

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Boys I'm so pumped and happy Dal found a way to win. Benn has really turned back the clock these past few games. His shift and GWG was straight 15-16 level stuff. The depth contributions were impressive and it's nice to bail out Bish a bit when he wasn't at his best. Dal looks like a unified team right now and I can't wait for Roope and Klinger to come back.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way whats with that 4th line of the Jets ? 3 guys with 4 minutes and less ? Might as well not dress those guys at all.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Beast mode makes an appearance.

Saw Guri out ther in some critical D situations. That was a bit of surprise.

Turning into a setup guy. Had a nice pass but Pavs didn't convert.

Had that beautiful feed to Radulov too that he too did not score on

Nothing more beautiful though than rolling 4 lines out and getting scoring chances from all 4

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Seriously, the minute distribution is massive IMO. Ive harped on it before but it makes a big difference. When we were #1 in the West with Ruff.. we ran all forwards 11-18 minutes.. game in and game out. Everyone fresh everyone ready to go.

Having Benn and Seguin constantly at 23 minutes under Hitch was a disaster and the wheels came off at the end of the season because of it. He ran those guys into a f***ing wall.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously, the minute distribution is massive IMO. Ive harped on it before but it makes a big difference. When we were #1 in the West with Ruff.. we ran all forwards 11-18 minutes.. game in and game out. Everyone fresh everyone ready to go.

Having Benn and Seguin constantly at 23 minutes under Hitch was a disaster and the wheels came off at the end of the season because of it. He ran those guys into a ****ing wall.

Even worse was Hitchs idiotic management of the goalies. First he ran Bishop into the ground ( and got him injured ) then he started Lehtonen like 20 games in a row including back to backs. Yeah McKenna was the backup but come the f*** on. Hitch did the same shit last year with the Oilers and Koskinen . Just started him every game until he completely fell apart.

Reactions: Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By the way, that game tying goal tonight was scored partly because Gurianov lost his man. Sbisa was his guy and he skated right behind Gurianov to lose him and score the goal (it was on Fedun as well, but that wasn't his guy)

Now idk if Gurianov would've taken another shift anyways since it was with 4:46 left in the game, but he was benched I'm pretty sure after that.

Would be stupid for Monty to scratch him over that play but it also wouldn't surprise me...Dowling should be the obvious choice though to sit when Hintz comes back but you never know. Our 2nd line is the only line to not score these past couple of games (although they do generate chances), and Dowling with Benn and Seguin has been good, but that's nothing Roope Hintz can't do so once again it seems obvious.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way, that game tying goal tonight was scored partly because Gurianov lost his man. Sbisa was his guy and he skated right behind Gurianov to lose him and score the goal (it was on Fedun as well, but that wasn't his guy)

Now idk if Gurianov would've taken another shift anyways since it was with 4:46 left in the game, but he was benched I'm pretty sure after that.

Would be stupid for Monty to scratch him over that play but it also wouldn't surprise me...Dowling should be the obvious choice though to sit when Hintz comes back but you never know

The way the lines and defensive parings are set up just putting in Roope for Dowling and Klinger for Fedun makes total sense. Don't have to disrupt anything else . Fedun and Dowling have done a good job as placeholder but its still what they are and how they're paid. Just rotate banged up guys more often and keep both involved.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Only saw the third and highlights. God damn it is good to see Benn playing with swagger again. He was looking better and better the games before he scored but ever since he scored, he has looked confident. What a difference that makes.

I’m so excited for this team. Not only are they winning in different ways but they are playoff a style that wins in the playoffs. I know that’s kind of a cliche thing to say but I think there is a lot of truth about certain styles that win in the regular season but don’t cut it in the playoffs.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Loving the perry signing right now . Hes looking like a top 6 fwd , Faksa and Dickinson are aswell . With all the talent spread out like that though there really is no top 6 , just 4 good lines , I love it .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad