• G Jakub Vondras - 2022 6th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LW Stanislav Yarovi - 2023 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Koivunen, FUS, and Blake should be the next 3.
I understand you're low on Pono's upside but I just can't put any of those 3 above him as of now considering he's already reached a pretty solid floor and is already an NHL caliber player. FUS is close, Koivunen and Blake could never become NHLers. I'm high on Rykov too and right now prefer him to Koivunen but Koivunen quickly gaining steam.

Right now I probably go Pono, FUS, Rykov, Koivunen/Blake. It is a balance of floor/ceiling and where the players are in their development.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Koivunen, FUS, and Blake should be the next 3.
I know goalies are voodoo and all, but Khazheyev is projecting higher than PK at the same points post draft, and drafted a year earler than PK.

I understand you're low on Pono's upside but I just can't put any of those 3 above him as of now considering he's already reached a pretty solid floor and is already an NHL caliber player. FUS is close, Koivunen and Blake could never become NHLers. I'm high on Rykov too and right now prefer him to Koivunen but Koivunen quickly gaining steam.

Right now I probably go Pono, FUS, Rykov, Koivunen/Blake. It is a balance of floor/ceiling and where the players are in their development.
Rykov is very interesting to follow, I was hoping Gleb would be higher up, but Rykov seems to be a better prospect at this point.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I went with FUS, though I almost went with Pono. And my reasoning here is that I really just don't know what to think of the NCAA pipeline right now. I want to think Morrow will be really good, and I know a lot of people are telling us that he is, but that's one of those I just need to see it before I am convinced. With FUS and Pono, I've already seen them play a bit with the Canes, I've already seen them taking shifts and they both look like they could contribute very soon with high upside, so I went with them, and FUS seems to have the higher upside right now.

This is exactly my reasoning. I think the combination of readiness, room to grow, and skill all point to FUS as my number two prospect behind Nikishin. I would have Pono third ahead of the two NCAA kids after that.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
No. Roughly 2-3 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter. He's *listed* at 5'7" 151, and listed sizes are always generous. Even Nathan Gerbe has more than 20 pounds of muscle on him.

He's seriously small.

The Admirals have him listed at 5’8 160 pounds.

BU hockey has him listed at 5’9, 170 pounds. Lol somebody was giving him a little boost in college on his height+weight.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How the hell does one work in scientific ballooning, lol?
1707847296532.png

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I went with FUS, though I almost went with Pono. And my reasoning here is that I really just don't know what to think of the NCAA pipeline right now. I want to think Morrow will be really good, and I know a lot of people are telling us that he is, but that's one of those I just need to see it before I am convinced. With FUS and Pono, I've already seen them play a bit with the Canes, I've already seen them taking shifts and they both look like they could contribute very soon with high upside, so I went with them, and FUS seems to have the higher upside right now.

I also went with FUS for largely the same reason. Weve seen him play a bit and I think he has potential upside. Morrow hasnt even signed with us yet

Reactions: geehaad

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Having worked in scientific ballooning for a bit, that would be the opposite of high temperature.
I get that being in high altitude cools you down. Basic thermodynamics. But if you theoretically can make a mirrored spherical shell large enough, you can increase Dom's heat. It's a preposterously stupid idea, borderline fantasy, and is almost as stupid as Newt Gingrich suggesting we could put a series of mirrors in space to save the cost of lighting highways at night.

But if it means our guy Dom can increase his height, I think we should do it.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I get that being in high altitude cools you down. Basic thermodynamics. But if you theoretically can make a mirrored spherical shell large enough, you can increase Dom's heat. It's a preposterously stupid idea, borderline fantasy, and is almost as stupid as Newt Gingrich suggesting we could put a series of mirrors in space to save the cost of lighting highways at night.

But if it means our guy Dom can increase his height, I think we should do it.

Well the other problem was the mirrored surface. I also worked as a satellite thermodynamics engineer and a mirror is a good way NOT to get it to get warm. You want a warm surface in essentially an environment where only radiative heat exchange is taking place, make it black, not mirrored.

• Love
Reactions: Discipline Daddy

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The Admirals have him listed at 5’8 160 pounds.

BU hockey has him listed at 5’9, 170 pounds. Lol somebody was giving him a little boost in college on his height+weight.
LOL, back when we drafted him he was listed at 5'7". And having seen him playing, even that is generous. And 18 year olds don't grow 2 inches. Measured with skates and gear on for sure--maybe he's put on some muscle, but with small guys it's always pretty funny to see how the numbers change.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Well the other problem was the mirrored surface. I also worked as a satellite thermodynamics engineer and a mirror is a good way NOT to get it to get warm. You want a warm surface in essentially an environment where only radiative heat exchange is taking place, make it black, not mirrored.
This is the sort of scientific argumentation that I live for. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad