22-23 All Purpose Basketball Thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Well the NBA has gotten started and NCAA must be ramping up as well.

As a Devils fan we can take some inspiration from thr Nola Pelicans. They just obliterated the Nets in Brooklyn. LKyrie and Simmons looked mediocre and even KD couldn’t pull the Nets into the game. The Pelicans led wire to wire and made it look easy.

Why does that matter to NJ? Last season thr Pelicans were on track for the worst season in NBA history. They were young and talented but didn’t play much defense and seemed to just play for personal accomplishment. But their young coach was positive and reinforced the right way to play. They started to buy in. They started to try on defense. They started to win. They snuck into the playoffs which is pretty good for a team without it’s best player on target for the worst season in NBA history. It’s amazing what a good coach and buy in can do. Just watch the game and realize that could be thr Devils with the right coach.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'm looking forward to what the Raptors will do this year. They once again don't have a superstar that seems to be needed to win championships in this league but they are pretty deep. I worry that the team will end up like it was before the Kawhi Leonard trade. Great regular season but gets destroyed by the Big stars come playoffs. Won't be Lebronto but Greek Freakonto.

Reactions: My3Sons

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
So who do you guys root for? Especially all you local nj area guys, do you still root for the Nets? Any Knicks fans? How about you "non-locals"?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I used to be a Knicks fan but ditched them during the Isaiah Thomas and Melo era. Loved them almost as much as the Devils. Never liked the Nets and saw the signs of the move out of Jersey long before it ever happened.

I'm teamless. I guess if the Sonics come back, I'd root for them. Or if James Dolan sells/dies, I'll go back to being a Knicks fan.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad