Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Strome should actually be above PPG...why the heck wasn't he given an assist on the PP goal?

Another huge minute game for him, 22:49 to lead Rangers forwards by a mile.
On replay, looked like he missed tipping Panarin's pass and it instead banked off Suter's leg on goal and then Kreider put it home. Scoring on that should be Kreider from Panarin and Fox.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
On replay, looked like he missed tipping Panarin's pass and it instead banked off Suter's leg on goal and then Kreider put it home. Scoring on that should be Kreider from Panarin and Fox.

Ah that would make sense. Looking at the angle of his blade, I was wondering how Strome managed to tip the puck onto Suter's leg.

Reactions: ohbaby

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Hate to put so much on the next few games, but if they could win the next three, I have no doubt they'll be in the playoff race all season.

I'd rather this group make the playoffs and lose in the first round with all the young guys getting that experience, than drafting 13th or 14th to get a player that won't even be developed by the time the Rangers are contending again.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
A bottom 5 finish to me while nice in the idea of getting another top player, is a failure for this season.

With all the moves we’ve made the kids we’ve brought in we should be hoping for improvement over last year. We need to trend into a winning team. If this team is battling for a playoff spot late into the year it’s a growth season for this group and with the year under their belts they can go into 20-21 ready to really compete.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Good morning everyone. Time to kick it into gear.
giphy.gif

Bobrovksy is the most Russian man who ever lived

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Really stretching it. Do you think Gorton would spent it on Zuke if Lundqvist’s contract was $2m cheaper? HIGHLY doubtful.

What I'm saying is they all wanna get paid, but then complain when they are sent along because it doenst fit with the teams plans. Hank takes a little less, Zuc asks for a little less, maybe he is still here. There definately would have been a $ and term figure the team would have been comfortable with keeping him. Zuc got 30 mill for 5 years. Maybe Hank takes 2 mill less and Zuc takes 20 over 4, I mean if he really truly wanted to stay he likely could have. I dont blame Zuc, dont blame Kreider but I find it strange they somehow turn it around on the organization when they dont pay them what they want. It's a choice made by the players and it's their right to do so, but if you arent signed by the deadline they must be moved. Columbus really messed up last year.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The complainers will just be complaining about the new guy when that happens because they really just want to complain.

If they couldn't complain, they would complain about not being able to complain as they complain.

VIVA LA SAM!

I don't like this post. I don't like what it says and I don't like how it's being said. At some point we need better posters on this board...

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Lurking is easy work

anyway why hate Sam?

Should have added the :sarcasm: ....oh and I love Sam and will deeply miss him when he is no longer calling the games.

I'm officially a generational talent now.

Let's not get greedy.

:help: ....you're on the down slope now. HFNYR needs to trade you for an up and coming poster.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Should have added the :sarcasm: ....oh and I love Sam and will deeply miss him when he is no longer calling the games.

Oh ok...

Idk why anyone would hate Sam. As i've said, I not only will support him, but i also hope we get to see him go full Harry Caray on us.

He doesn't need to say anything correct at that point. I will know what he means, and it's the thought that counts.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Lololol. How do you score then when Kreider broke a stick that took away Strome's goal? I say it was for the best or we'd hear even more about Strome's shooting %. :sarcasm:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Strome should actually be above PPG...why the heck wasn't he given an assist on the PP goal?

Another huge minute game for him, 22:49 to lead Rangers forwards by a mile.
I wondered the same too. Then went back and saw he actually missed that tip from Panarin. it went off the D-man's foot or skate.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Hate to put so much on the next few games, but if they could win the next three, I have no doubt they'll be in the playoff race all season.

I'd rather this group make the playoffs and lose in the first round with all the young guys getting that experience, than drafting 13th or 14th to get a player that won't even be developed by the time the Rangers are contending again.
For some reason I don't feel confident about the next 3 games in 4 nights. They have been so inconsistent. Quinn says that when they are good they are really good, and when they are bad they are really bad. There's no middle ground with this team. Not at all confident the really good is gonna show up for all 3 games in just 4 nights. If we win 2 out of 3, we should be happy.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Ok, maybe I'm feeling a little better about the next 3 games.

Zibad is back, playing with Kreids and Buchy that have had some success together.

That means Panarin and Strome will stay together, leaving Chytil, Kakko and Lemiuex as a really solid 3rd line.

Howden anchors the 4th line, where he was always meant to be.

Quicky most likely will be reunited with Strome and Panarin.

We just got a ton better with Zibad back.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Re: DeAngelo's TOI.

He's been paired with Hajek lately - that is basically it. Hajek has dragged every partner he's played with this season. When he dragged Trouba they still got TOI because Trouba is our shutdown defenceman, but when he drags Tony or Fox the pairing just gets very limited ice time.

There is an underlying issue though that while Hajek-Trouba was a bad pairing and you don't want your top pairing to be a liability, Skjei-DeAngelo has been a lot better than Skjei-Trouba and Hajek-DeAngelo even worse than Hajek-Trouba.

My solution would be to either move Smith back to D or to recall Keane and either play Fox to the left of Trouba or DeAngelo (who says he likes playing the left side) to the left of Fox. When Staal gets healthy going back to Staal-Fox (who were great together) is an option as well, though I'm not sure how Lindgren would perform with Trouba or DeAngelo. Hajek needs to play in the AHL for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad