Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
gonna go sleeper pick with Henrik - he kept focused in a game he could have easily gone to sleep in (especially with Zucc stuff)

Bread isn’t as visible as normal and still puts up three points

Tony D nice confident move to the slot - goalie wasn’t close to squared though

Fox made one or two really nice stick checks, Buch skated hard, Krieder and Sjkei with nice goals

HM crowd for serenading our ex hobbit

Reactions: egelband and bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah I’m pretty confident no way we even come close to getting a Fox caliber player in the second round. I’m most confident when Lindgren and Fox are on the ice

I was surprised at some of the reactions at the time. Sure, it’s great having second round picks. But we moved those picks for a 21 year old prospect, not a 30 year old rental.

Fox was the equivalent of having a first round pick, and he’s only further backed up that belief. Mentally, I include Fox as part of the 2019 draft. It was like we drafted a kid who re-entered.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just got home, what a satisfying win for me. I was going to be so bummed if my first game at MSG in forever turned out to be a dud but they salvaged it with that great ending, with Tony D burying it right in front of my section! Great night in the end.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Suggestion for Aufheben...just keep Panarin permanently placed in the top 3 for every game and we'll just figure out who the next two are...lol

I'm kind of kidding but if you think about and I don't have the empiracal data to prove it but I'd guesstimate that Bread probably has been voted by all of us in the top 3 players of the game...I dunno...80-85% of the time?

He's been simply spectacular for us. He seemingly doesn't make a mistake ever. I've watched him a ton since he came into the league but now that I watch him every game, he is even better than I could have imagined he'd be and trust me...I had huge expectations for him...he's wildy exceeded them.

He makes everyone who is on the ice with him better and he's one of the few players in the league who can control the flow of the game. I'm just so stoked he's on our team for the next 8 years.

As far as the game...pretty good effort. We let the Wild hang around a bit too long for my liking but you got to give their goalie Stalock some credit as was quite good and kept them in the game.

Once again the perseverance of this year's team came thru as I'm not sure last year we win this game after giving up that at the time pretty deflating 2nd goal. But once again the boyz came thru and we win a game we should win when we play a crappy team like the Wild.

DeAngelo and Hank were my other two votes besides Bread as I thought they were masterful. And once again Lemieux as he has consistantly done since he got healthy scratched by Quinn the 4th or 5th game of the year made a difference and was his disturbing best and had quite a few scoring chances. I just love that guy and once again Gorton needs to sign him pronto to a multi year extension.

Good win and now we have two toughies vs the Canes and the Bruins coming up before the Debbies. I'd sign up for winning 2 of those 3 right now to be honest!

Last edited:

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Do we even need to discuss panarin anymore? We already know its going to be nothing but disbelief. Basically hes the jagr we been missing. And btw, with mika back, we will have our 2c as ryan strome, two very potent lines and one possible potent 3rd line. Idk just thinking about it:
Kreider-mika-fast
Panarin-strome-kakko
Lemeuix- chytil-buch
Boo- howden- smith

Skjei- troubs
Lindgren-fox
Hajek- deangelo

And this is where we really begin to come into our own. We have two tough games after this and then supposedly one easy peasy against nj. All in all, i think we played great tonight. Dont think of it as omg we are so inconsistent. Of course we are! But were finding wins and thats important too. A quarter in and we are two games above .500. If anything, the only thing keepon us from playoffs is once again a crazy met division. Honestly though, does the west always suck compared to the east?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I get why he's 99% gone, but it is going to be really hard to replace what Kreider brings. How many times have we seen him come up clutch in front of the net like that?

CK is going through mental stuff and he should. He is making dumb plays, well dumber than usual. If he by some slim chance stays with the Rangers or moves to another team, I think he is going to tear it up again. The bad penalty tonight, was followed up by a huge clutch goal, and that pass to Panarin last game? The skill is still there, and think he is just overthinking things.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Wild are in such a weird situation. I'm not sure what they're supposed to do at this point. They can't even really rebuild, half their guys have no-trade/no-move clauses. Zach Parise still has five years left after this season. :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Wild are in such a weird situation. I'm not sure what they're supposed to do at this point. They can't even really rebuild, half their guys have no-trade/no-move clauses. Zach Parise still has five years left after this season. :laugh:

Jesus, now I remember why those Parise and Suter contracts were so bad for the Wild lol

Reactions: ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Welp, the game didn’t record for some reason so I had to DTMTS it.

Nice win. Great shot by Tony, he needed that.
Tony D has trouble finding respect. There were a few games recently, where he'd play 22 minutes. But in his last two, his time has been reduced to 10 and 16 minutes. I guess Lindgren has cut into his ice time, but that doesn't stop Tony from producing.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad