Prospect Info: 21st Overall Samuel Poulin, RW

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
As I said in the other thread, feel they've have probably had him at C if they wanted to keep developing him there.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d certainly try him at C in the AHL. He can distribute the puck like you’d want to see in a center, and it’s easier to switch someone back to wing.

Maybe play him with Chaput so he can give pointers or take draws and D zone responsibility on occasion.

I’d say the same for Hallander.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’d certainly try him at C in the AHL. He can distribute the puck like you’d want to see in a center, and it’s easier to switch someone back to wing.

Maybe play him with Chaput so he can give pointers or take draws and D zone responsibility on occasion.

I’d say the same for Hallander.

I don’t see either as a long term C solution on this team.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Since last season.

And thank you @Andy Lehoux . Could you explain the "Puck Battles 18%" stat to me? You say he's one of the best puck battlers, but then has a low percentage on that stat. Does it mean he doesn't get into too many puck battles?
Exactly. Poulin ranked 198th on 240 qualifying QMJHL forwards in puck battles per 60 minutes last season. So basically, he got involved in less puck battles than the average Q forward. This is surprisingly low for someone as dominant in corners as him, but my hypothesis is that on a stacked Val-d'Or team, he was rarely relied on to get involved in puck battles, as his team already possessed the puck about 70% of the time.

Poulin was the 13th most efficient forward in puck battles though, winning 53% of his battles, compared to the average 46% for Q forwards.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Exactly. Poulin ranked 198th on 240 qualifying QMJHL forwards in puck battles per 60 minutes last season. So basically, he got involved in less puck battles than the average Q forward. This is surprisingly low for someone as dominant in corners as him, but my hypothesis is that on a stacked Val-d'Or team, he was rarely relied on to get involved in puck battles, as his team already possessed the puck about 70% of the time.

Poulin was the 13th most efficient forward in puck battles though, winning 53% of his battles, compared to the average 46% for Q forwards.

Are you computing the data or is it provided to you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->