Prospect Info: 21st Overall Samuel Poulin, RW

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
No clue about this player, nobody talked about him from what I saw. Let's see how he developes before we ship him off to the Ducks for nothing.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
That picked looked like it made no real sense.

Because the panel doesn't have a man crush on him? I think his game will translate to the NHL pretty well. He seems like a forward you win tough games with. Players with higher potential were definitely available though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There will be comparisons to Lavoie, I think Poulin is stronger on the puck and scores more from in tight. Not sure who’s better.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
He seems like a lock to make the NHL at some point. We need young ELC players to insert into the lineup in the next couple years so I’m totally for this pick.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I think that it sounds like we did reasonably well. Reading the scouting reports I've seen, it sounds like he has some top six potential, but I expect a character bottom six player who puts up twelve to fifteen goals a year. If everything works out with his development of course.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A big physical power forward is something that we kinda lack, so I mean if he can be that and has some skills to go along with it I'm OK with the pick.

It's been a long time since we had a Kevin Stevens type. Not saying this kid is anything close to that, but if he plays that kind of game (even if without the fighting) the fans will love him, and so will we.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Solid pick. Poulin is a good player. Sherbrooke was at best an average team, and Poulin carried their offense. Analysts are correct in calling him very strong, bu he also has terrific hands and a fantastic shot. Impressed me each time I saw him (mind you Sherbrooke doesn't come to town too often). Landeskog is who he reminded me of when I see him.

Don't think he is quite enough of a bruiser to be compared to Brown.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
I know it’s unreasonable to be mad about this pick but it just feels like typical GMJR. Let’s pick the big power forward who’s biggest concern is SKATING in the new NHL where skating is more important than ever. AND his dad just happens to be an NHLer and former Rutherford player.....

It’s honestly not a bad pick. I just would have liked to see them go the other direction. Plus, it concerns me that GMJR and staff just don’t get it.

Reactions: Vegeta and Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->