Post-Game Talk: #21| Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | February 28th | 5:00 PM | F/W 2-0

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lol, that is awesome.

Even better is angry Raggies fans, who think Wahlstrom is a one-dimensional PP weapon only.

No, that is what you got in Kraptsov, who can only score when cherry picking or getting unlimited space away from opponents... in the KHL.

At least they have their plethora of gifs of Krapstov's ALMOST goals and assists. His prospect thread is full of them, LOL.

Reactions: danteipp

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Pageau really stands out every single game. I love every single aspect of his game, his speed, his zone entry, his face offs, his creativity and defensive abilities. He is a complete player.
Sorokin was awesome and will be awesome for years. Wahlstrom needed that first legit goal, he has top 6 forward written all over him. Dobson is so good at getting shots on the net as well. This team is looking good. 3 out of 4 against Pittsburgh this weekend. Makes the loss yesterday not as bad. Lighter schedule coming up which is huge, but have to continue to play well.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I like this nickname the best.

upload_2021-2-28_20-26-11.jpeg

scott99

May 13, 2005
Pageau really stands out every single game. I love every single aspect of his game, his speed, his zone entry, his face offs, his creativity and defensive abilities. He is a complete player.
Sorokin was awesome and will be awesome for years. Wahlstrom needed that first legit goal, he has top 6 forward written all over him. Dobson is so good at getting shots on the net as well. This team is looking good. 3 out of 4 against Pittsburgh this weekend. Makes the loss yesterday not as bad. Lighter schedule coming up which is huge, but have to continue to play well.
Pageau has become one of my favorite Islanders. Best trade for the Isles in a long time.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Sorokin looking better and better

Not really super tested tonight, and needs to work on the glove hand a bit, but he is going to be a really good one moving forward

Reactions: WangMustGo

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You have to think Sorokin has a earned a few more starts in the upcoming weeks. Varlamov has not exactly been hot recently. These next two weeks, looking at the schedule, playing 7 of the next 8 games against the worst two teams in the division, this is a chance to really move up and separate ourselves in the East.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Lol, that is awesome.

Even better is angry Raggies fans, who think Wahlstrom is a one-dimensional PP weapon only.

No, that is what you got in Kraptsov, who can only score when cherry picking or getting unlimited space away from opponents... in the KHL.
Playing Devil’s Advocate, Kravstov is still a hell of a prospect. I really liked him a lot prior to the 2018 Draft, excellent speed, good size, great hands.

Prior to Wahlstrom falling to us (thanks hockey gods !), I would’ve been happy with Kravstov at picks 11 or 12. My poor uncle, I was watching that draft with him, and he was drooling over Wahlstrom, wanted the Rangers to grab him at 9. He was devastated, he LOVED Wahlstrom prior to that draft.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
You have to think Sorokin has a earned a few more starts in the upcoming weeks. Varlamov has not exactly been hot recently. These next two weeks, looking at the schedule, playing 7 of the next 8 games against the worst two teams in the division, this is a chance to really move up and separate ourselves in the East.
We are not playing Rags until april.. ..
But yea, I agree need to rack up points against Buf and NJ.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Playing Devil’s Advocate, Kravstov is still a hell of a prospect. I really liked him a lot prior to the 2018 Draft, excellent speed, good size, great hands.

Prior to Wahlstrom falling to us (thanks hockey gods !), I would’ve been happy with Kravstov at picks 11 or 12. My poor uncle, I was watching that draft with him, and he was drooling over Wahlstrom, wanted the Rangers to grab him at 9. He was devastated, he LOVED Wahlstrom prior to that draft.

Krapstov definitely has some of the basic physical skills that are required of a high-end hoal scorer, but he has yet to adapt his game to the North American style.

He is going to need to get significantly stronger and the Rags are going to need to develop him properly.

Based on their recent track record, their prospect development game is underwater, comparable to some of the nightmare old Isles regimes.

You need to work harder to convert your uncle away from the Darkseid! Get it done!!

Gordie Clark locked in on Kraptsov early and probably never looked back. Thank the hockey gods for that and the chance to select Dobson and Wahlstrom.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Krapstov definitely has some of the basic physical skills that are required of a high-end hoal scorer, but he has yet to adapt his game to the North American style.

He is going to need to get significantly stronger and the Rags are going to need to develop him properly.

Based on their recent track record, their prospect development game is underwater, comparable to some of the nightmare old Isles regimes.

You need to work harder to convert your uncle away from the Darkseid! Get it done!!

Gordie Clark locked in on Kraptsov early and probably never looked back. Thank the hockey gods for that and the chance to select Dobson and Wahlstrom.

Krapstov is all flash with apparent entitlement issues, THANK YOU so much to Goldie Clark for bypassing both of our kids who not only are superior players, but play more coveted positions and are rarer RH shots. We should start a GOFundMe to send him an edible arrangement.

Reactions: danteipp

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Just got to watch the game, especially the third. Crosby is a little bitch, eh? Always has been, but hey...

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Pageau has become one of my favorite Islanders. Best trade for the Isles in a long time.
He has clearly taken Wahlstrom under his wing too, give Wahlstrom credit too for being open to the advice.as some young players with talent aren’t willing to heed veteran advice. The pucks are starting to go in for him and the confidence in his whole game is coming with it. In limited time MDC also had good game especially in corners, he is working hard and reinventing his game to stay in league and it’s starting to show.

scott99

May 13, 2005

I have to say, it was one of my favorite times as an Isles fan (in 2018). I flew down to my Uncle’s place in Florida to spend a few days with him and watch the draft. Waiting for my flight, the day before the draft, I get the notification that the Isles signed Barry Trotz. I was flipping out, I was so happy. Then the next day, the Isles draft Wahlstrom & Dobson back to back at 11 & 12. I absolutely loved that weekend. Had to spend some time consoling my uncle after the 1st round (after they picked Kravstov instead of Wahlstrom). He LOVED Wahlstrom.

He’s been a Ranger’s fan since the 1960s. Claims he likes the Isles, not many Ranger’s fans like the Isles.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Krapstov is all flash with apparent entitlement issues, THANK YOU so much to Goldie Clark for bypassing both of our kids who not only are superior players, but play more coveted positions and are rarer RH shots. We should start a GOFundMe to send him an edible arrangement.

I want good ol' Gordie to sign a lifetime contract with the Rags.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad