Post-Game Talk: #21: FLYERS 2 at Sabres 5, Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, what expectations do you have for Weise?

If the Flyers can't find a real goalie this year, then at some point they need to throw in the towel, make some trades near the TDL, and prepare to reload for next season.
You're not building around Voracek and Simmonds, after a decade they are what they are, and they're not taking you anywhere.
You can get value for them (if Simmonds keeps scoring goals) and add youth and speed to the forward core, and free up money to add a free agent this summer.

I'm not looking for draft picks (though I'd take them and flip them for other players), but young prospects 21-24 years old who can step right into the lineup.

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
I'd like to see Lyon have another chance. I didn't see the 4th goal, but I have a hard time solely blaming him for the first 3. Yes, rebound control could've been better, but there was a good amount of traffic in front. Buffalo was applying tons of pressure by playing with pace/speed and were moving the puck really well.

Kind of wish they didn't let up so much after the first period.

Reactions: FlyerEra2010

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd like to see Lyon have another chance. I didn't see the 4th goal, but I have a hard time solely blaming him for the first 3. Yes, rebound control could've been better, but there was a good amount of traffic in front. Buffalo was applying tons of pressure by playing with pace/speed and were moving the puck really well.

Kind of wish they didn't let up so much after the first period.

Gudas, Ghost and Provorov all screwed up in the 1st period, but those weren't 9 on a scale of 10 shots, he was leaving rebounds in the slot, a no-no for any goalie, smother it or kick it to the corner, but 5 feet in front of the net? Uh, that's on the goalie.

If the Flyers get out of the 1st down 2-0 it's a different game.
You don't need a great goalie to win, but you need goalies who make the routine save consistently and a few tough stops a game.

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
I agree that he needs to be better on the rebound control overall. First goal Pominville made a good shot after the puck bounced off Couts. Yes, ideally you want Lyon to have the puck "stick" to him there instead of redirect it into the slot. Skinner was opportunistic with 4 flyers already below the hash marks.

On the second goal, I would fault Gudas more than anything for not playing the body more and, to a lesser degree, Sanheim since he stopped moving his feet.

On the third goal, Weise deflects the shot causing it to rise much more quickly resulting in the rebound. Plus, it was a PP goal for Buffalo -- not like the team has been successful killing those.

Just watched the 4th goal. Thought it was right in line with what Elliott or Pickard would've given up.

Still think he should have another opportunity.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh, and I like how this roster is somehow so talented that a player like Voracek can be seen as trade bait but somehow the team struggles because the roster isn't talented. That's some galaxy brain reasoning.
Galaxy Hops? Hops and cannabis are both members of the cannabinaceae family. So yeah, it makes sense that Galaxy Hops would expand ones mind, especially when one considers the relationship with cannabis, and hops + alcohol.

I did not know you were a VA resident. If you travel north, there are better chips just waiting for you. Some you may actually be able to order online, I dunno. We can both hope for a better Flyers team, a changing of the head coach. But you, you can find a better, tastier chip, head north, those chips are waiting for you.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Ottawa is our only hope, if we lose that we can easily get to 10 or more

Rags - L
Leafs - L
Sens - ??
Pens - L
Columbus - ?
Buffalo - L
Jets - ? Just cause we play them well
Flames - L by 6 or more
Oilers - W

Pens have been pretty bad this year too and they’re injured. After Hak, I imagine Sullivan is in the biggest hot seat if they don’t improve. Now that all the obvious suspects, minus Hak, are fired.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
hextall is just developing us fans. something about losing to learn how to win. hitting the bottom so the only place to go is up. misery so you can appreciate and recognize happiness,if we ever get to that point. ect. ect. ect. (he watches the tape, he knows more than us.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad