GDT: #21: Anaheim Ducks@Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:30 PM ET | CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
There are 2 sure things in life, 1. Bylsma will coach the Penguins forever 2. John Cena is Superman

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's something to build off of BUT roster moves are pretty much a must right now.

Theres 2 or 3 WBS guys that can help this team win games right now.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
Fleury won us that game hands down. It could have been 3 or 4 to zero before we even scored a goal

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I thought Malkin played an ok game, not great or good, but ok. I hate seeing him try to deke through someone, he can't do it right now it seems, so stop trying and then losing the puck, cross checking a player and then finally doing something good and throwing a hit before you go off.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's something to build off of BUT roster moves are pretty much a must right now.

Theres 2 or 3 WBS guys that can help this team win games right now.

I love the fact that this is actually true, for a long time, all WBS had for help was NHL journeymen that Shero/Fletcher/Botterill compiled for WBS, not guys that the team went out and signed as prospects to develop for the team and not just injury replacement guys for the 4th line.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
You guys wanted Dupuis off of Crosby's line....

03-15-50_dan-bylsma_420.jpg

:laugh: Oh the humanity!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Malkin played an ok game, not great or good, but ok. I hate seeing him try to deke through someone, he can't do it right now it seems, so stop trying and then losing the puck, cross checking a player and then finally doing something good and throwing a hit before you go off.

Malkin trying to deke people is a step in the right direction. Low percentage. Sure. But, it's the type of thing that gets him into an attacking mindset. I want him in that mindset. The KMN shift snapped him into it, and good things happened.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
He'll be in WBS by this time next week, just like the last guy called up who had a goal and an assist.

Haha...I have to admit I cynically thought after his goal, Gibbons just earned a trip to the press box. And after the assist, that he just punched his ticket back to WBS.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Malkin trying to deke people is a step in the right direction. Low percentage. Sure. But, it's the type of thing that gets him into an attacking mindset. I want him in that mindset. The KMN shift snapped him into it, and good things happened.

I know hoping for line adjustments that actually last an entire game are unlikely to happen, but Kunitz and Dupuis have been mediocre at best with Sid this year, splitting that trio up, not just 1 off that line, but all 3 on different lines would be the best move going forward, if Bylsma actually had a shred of creativity in his mind. I would love to see Dupuis with Sutter's line and Kunitz back with Geno and Neal, but even if you put Beau with Sid, who else do you put with him?

Bennett/?, Crosby, Bennett/? - You can put Beau on LW or RW to suit whomever you are planning to put there.
Kunitz, Malkin, Neal
Jokinen, Sutter, Dupuis
Glass, Vitale, Adams

This is where moving someone like Niskanen and packaging him with someone to get a solid young winger that is struggling with a team, RIGHT NOW, would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->