GDT: #21: Anaheim Ducks@Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:30 PM ET | CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That assumes he musters up more strength than Martin's lesbian sister's shot from a few years ago. His shot looks brutal this year.

What's funny is Malkin didn't score 50 because of his blistering shot. He scored them by going to the net again and again. And, even when he scored 40 in his second season, his 'blistering' shot only came on the PP, where Gonchar was feeding him and Malone was fronting. Most of the ES goals were of the wrist shot variety, where Malone would drive the net and Malkin would exploit the screen.

That said, soft as Malkin's shot is now, only Paul Martin musters less strength on a shot than his lesbian sister.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sadly, no change on the PP. A shame. Personally, I'd use the top two lines tonight as 2 units.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If you hadn't been so distracted by the tears caused by Burgundy saying he wipes his *** with your predictions, then you would've noticed my thoughts on Dupuis with Malkin and Neal. He's a better fit than Jokinen. The one good game last year that Malkin played with Iginla, it was Iginla at RW and Dupuis at LW.

Eh, **** you. Stop toying with me. I'm just so happy right now, not even you can spoil it. First, Coach Jack Daniels finally switches the lines. Second, this is the first televised Pens game in AU, meaning I won't be on the five minute GCL tape delay. And, third, everyone here is dumping on you, so I can't say I'm not entertained. Well, THAT was quite liberating. :cheers:

it don't bug me none too much. If I'm going to skate around like 2010 Cooke giving random head shots to people, I need to be willing to take it when they fight back.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am going super Optimist on this one......Bennett gets a goal, Sid gets 2 goals, and Geno gets one as well. Let the Crosby/Bennett era begin!

Is it most likely that the era lasts one bad shift, one bad period, one bad game, one bad week, or one bad month? :p:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bennett with Sid?
1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif

I think with a few games to figure it out, Dupuis can work decently enough with Geno. Its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction. He isn't better than Jussi, but he's a better fit in that position.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
it don't bug me none too much. If I'm going to skate around like 2010 Cooke giving random head shots to people, I need to be willing to take it when they fight back.

The little IcedCappies must love you . . . :laugh:

JBreed02

May 12, 2013
Baden, PA
I was reading through comments on the Pens Facebook page, and someone said that they would like to see Glass on the first line. I immediately check to see if it was DB....it wasnt.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I really don't think that Dupuis in that spot is a bad thing at all. He's essentially Kunitz without the offensive ability. His role tonight will be very simple. I actually think it will work quite well.

I hope you're right. But it's never worked before outside of the, like... one game KIRK is referencing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What's funny is Malkin didn't score 50 because of his blistering shot. He scored them by going to the net again and again. And, even when he scored 40 in his second season, his 'blistering' shot only came on the PP, where Gonchar was feeding him and Malone was fronting. Most of the ES goals were of the wrist shot variety, where Malone would drive the net and Malkin would exploit the screen.

That said, soft as Malkin's shot is now, only Paul Martin musters less strength on a shot than his lesbian sister.

I agree, I just am shocked at how weak his shot looks right now. I was really reluctant to talk about the 'shoulder issue' but something is up. It can't just be confidence.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Bennett with Sid?

I think with a few games to figure it out, Dupuis can work decently enough with Geno. Its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction. He isn't better than Jussi, but he's a better fit in that position.

:laugh:

Oh if only our top line could dominate like Kramer vs. kids in karate. If only.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Bennett with Sid?

:laugh::laugh:

Awesome. Well done Ogre

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hope you're right. But it's never worked before outside of the, like... one game KIRK is referencing.

Hey, I'm grasping at the only straw I could find. You want Jokinen with Malkin and Neal, because the ONLY ******* way Dupuis stays away from Sid long term is if he kills it with Malkin and Neal.

Eh, WTF am I saying? One bad day with Bennett with Sid and Kunitz, and it won't ******* matter if Malkin and Neal never looked better than they look with Dupuis.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Has he ever played any extended time with Geno? I don't remember it if he did.

I see you've forgotten the 2009-2010 season. He spent the whole thing with Geno and Fedotenko, and no matter how bad they were for how long, he stayed there.

EDIT: Curiously, mediocre as they were together, it was Geno's best hockey since the Pens won the cup, save the stint with Kunitz and Neal.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

It's not about individual wings, it's about how the entire line works. Dupuis-Malkin-Iginla worked, and it is a very similar line to Dupuis-Malkin-Neal. Except in this case, Malkin already has chemistry with the guy on RW.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I see you've forgotten the 2009-2010 season. He spent the whole thing with Geno and Fedotenko, and no matter how bad they were for how long, he stayed there.

wow I really don't remember that. Oh, then we brought in Alexei PotOfKielbasi. Man, what a sucky year that was.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Has he ever played any extended time with Geno? I don't remember it if he did.

Here and there. Almost always on the RW before the team acquired Neal (or while he was out with injury). Even Disco was savvy enough to realize it was a skating dumpster fire and immediately tried something else. Though he was on there for a while in 09-10.

A spastic, million-miles-per-hour straight line player with terrible hands and room temperature offensive IQ isn't exactly the greatest match for Malkin. He might help defensively... but he'll make the line even worse (somehow) offensively.

But again -- the tradeoff is worth it, I think. And Malkin is gonna be awful, regardless... so whatever.

EDIT: Was it that whole season, KIRK? Wow.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
wow I really don't remember that. Oh, then we brought in Alexei PotOfKielbasi. Man, what a sucky year that was.

Actually, that was the Pens 2nd most 'successful' year since winning the cup. :D

JoeKnows

Aug 22, 2013
So close yet so far away.

Kunitz - Crosby - Bennet
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Glass - Sutter - Dupuis
Conner - Vitale - Engelland

That would hold us over nicely until we make some trades for young power forwards. Ha who am I kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad