HF Habs: 21-22 lineup

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That defense is still looking pretty bad IMO. Can we survive the regular season with it?

We will likely sign a defenseman as well.
I could see us targeting Oleksiak. Apparently we wanted to acquire him at the tdl, but Dallas decided to keep him since they were still in the playoffs chase.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If Chiarot goes to Seattle I wonder what kind of contract Martinez would be looking for...

He is 33, but if he would sign short term he would be a great bridge to when some of our prospects are ready.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Ovechkin in 2015:

Ovechkin: I would love to play for Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

“I love playing here,” Ovechkin told ESPN.
When asked if he could picture himself playing for the Canadiens’ if he wasn’t holding down his position as face of the Capitals’ franchise, the Great 8 gave Montreal hockey fans something to dream about.
“Yeah, probably, if I would have a choice,” Ovechkin said. “The culture, the atmosphere, the city . . . If I wasn’t in Washington? Yes, here.”

Ovechkin will be a ufa in a month. Seeing the habs make this deep run, I could see Ovi being interested in signing with MTL.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitin425

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That defense is still looking pretty bad IMO. Can we survive the regular season with it?

Definitely not...

Weber in particular is going to need to be managed. With a short summer, after this gruelling season, don't see him doing well if forced into a 22+min/night role for 82 games next season (& then 25+ if we make the playoffs).

This run is both highlighting our LD needs and creating a greater RD need for next season...

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Ovechkin in 2015:

Ovechkin: I would love to play for Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

“I love playing here,” Ovechkin told ESPN.
When asked if he could picture himself playing for the Canadiens’ if he wasn’t holding down his position as face of the Capitals’ franchise, the Great 8 gave Montreal hockey fans something to dream about.
“Yeah, probably, if I would have a choice,” Ovechkin said. “The culture, the atmosphere, the city . . . If I wasn’t in Washington? Yes, here.”

Ovechkin will be a ufa in a month. Seeing the habs make this deep run, I could see Ovi being interested in signing with MTL.

He's only 35. He's still the face of the franchise in Washington, and he's going to keep on playing for at the very least a couple more years. Why would they let him go? This isn't a Chara in Boston situation. Washington isn't full of young wingers knocking on the door, and Ovechkin isn't as old as Chara.

It's a nice dream. But give it a few more years before you start getting your hopes up.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
If Seattle picks Chariot and Danault leaves

Toffoli - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
[UFA] - Evans - Gallagher
Perry - Poehling - Armia/Lehkonen/Byron

Ideally that UFA is Landeskog or Ovechkin

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Weber
[UFA] - Fleury
Kulak

UFA could be Oleksiak. Would be a pretty good chariot replacement.

Price
Allen

If we could sign one of Ovechkin, Landeskog, Hall, or Hamilton it would be huge.

-------------------------------------------------

Ovechkin - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Drouin - Evans - Gallagher
Perry - Poehling - Lehkonen/Byron

Edmundson - Petry
Oleksiak - Weber
Romanov - Fleury
Kulak

Price
Allen

Would be insane

Landeskog would be asskicking good

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
He's only 35. He's still the face of the franchise in Washington, and he's going to keep on playing for at the very least a couple more years. Why would they let him go? This isn't a Chara in Boston situation. Washington isn't full of young wingers knocking on the door, and Ovechkin isn't as old as Chara.

It's a nice dream. But give it a few more years before you start getting your hopes up.

Le Grand Huit sounds pretty nice

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Do you still pick Tartar over the either Finn?

If if came down to it... I choose Tatar over both Lehkonen and Armia. If you had to choose... Who do you pick from the 3? I say one of them stays.

Tatar won't be able to cash in and he will get Toffoli treatment on his next deal. Not just from the Habs, from all teams. It's possible Tatar signs for 1 or 2 years.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Unless he'll take a 1 year deal under $5M, no thanks

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you still pick Tartar over the either Finn?

No, not anymore. Can't remember when I posted that but at this stage, Caufield has exceeded my expectations and has replaced Tatar.

However, I would bring back Tatar if he wants to stay but it's a 1 year team friendly deal. $2M max. I'm like Bergevin, I do love depth!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ovechkin will want a crazy expensive contract. I'd love to have him as a Hab since he's one of my favourite players of all time, but unless he takes a massive pay cut, he isn't coming here for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad