205 Live Thread - how you doin?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If they're working WWE style matches whats the problem with a mediocre worker joining the fray?
Calling Enzo mediocre is the mother of all stretches. I don't think there's a doubt that he's the worst worker in the company and it isn't even close. In fact I would say he is the worst worker in any significant promotion (ROH, GWF, CMLL, AAA) in North America. You would probably have to go back to Kahli to find someone as bad on the main roster. Again his strength is talking, make him a manager for the guys who can go in the ring.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Calling Enzo mediocre is the mother of all stretches. I don't think there's a doubt that he's the worst worker in the company and it isn't even close. In fact I would say he is the worst worker in any significant promotion (ROH, GWF, CMLL, AAA) in North America. You would probably have to go back to Kahli to find someone as bad on the main roster. Again his strength is talking, make him a manager for the guys who can go in the ring.
That's.... quite the stretch. He's not THAT bad. Come on. Dude's had multiple 3 star matches already in his career and he hasn't even been working that long. Yeah, they were a lot due to opponents but he's good enough to be carried.

No doubt in my mind TJP and Neville could carry him to at least *** matches. Nese too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's.... quite the stretch. He's not THAT bad. Come on. Dude's had multiple 3 star matches already in his career and he hasn't even been working that long. Yeah, they were a lot due to opponents but he's good enough to be carried.

No doubt in my mind TJP and Neville could carry him to at least *** matches. Nese too.

What three star matches? He had horrible matches with Styles and Cesaro when he was in there one-on-one with them. His only memorable tag matches have been in NXT against The Revival, and that's because it's The Revival.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What three star matches? He had horrible matches with Styles and Cesaro when he was in there one-on-one with them. His only memorable tag matches have been in NXT against The Revival, and that's because it's The Revival.
I just went off Meltzer's ratings. Not my own. I don't remember loving any of his matches to be honest. I'm not really a fan.

I think Meltzer gave matches he was in *** + 6 or 7 times.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You have a 4-way tag team ladder match, 10v10 Survivor Series tag, Trios w/ Cena vs. Bullet Club at Battleground '15, and both Revival matches at Takeover London, and Roadblock in Toronto. Only other 3-plus star match is the Royal Rumble.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You have a 4-way tag team ladder match, 10v10 Survivor Series tag, Trios w/ Cena vs. Bullet Club at Battleground '15, and both Revival matches at Takeover London, and Roadblock in Toronto. Only other 3-plus star match is the Royal Rumble.
Who cares? He's still a part of those matches. He's not the worst wrestler on the planet, far from it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Out of current wrestlers I know, I'd imagine he's bottom 3. Never enjoyed a single thing about Enzo in a wrestling match. You're really going to bat here for an atrocious wrestler.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Out of current wrestlers I know, I'd imagine he's bottom 3. Never enjoyed a single thing about Enzo in a wrestling match. You're really going to bat here for an atrocious wrestler.
Eh, I just go back years and years and years and years and remember REALLY awful wrestlers. He's not good. And I'm not looking forward to watching him. But he's not, at least yet, turn off your TV and don't watch for weeks bad.

I still think, from a company standpoint, he's good for 205 Live because the casual fans love him and he moves merch like crazy.

I'm going to bat for a guy who helps a brand that I enjoy. It's not my fault he is over. I wish TJP, Neville, or Tony Nese was as over Enzo and we didn't need him on 205 Live. But they're not.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Eh, I just go back years and years and years and years and remember REALLY awful wrestlers. He's not good. And I'm not looking forward to watching him. But he's not, at least yet, turn off your TV and don't watch for weeks bad.

I still think, from a company standpoint, he's good for 205 Live because the casual fans love him and he moves merch like crazy.

I'm going to bat for a guy who helps a brand that I enjoy. It's not my fault he is over. I wish TJP, Neville, or Tony Nese was as over Enzo and we didn't need him on 205 Live. But they're not.
He probably still appeals to a casual audience, but Enzo has pretty much been change the channel for me since he's been on main roster. Just not sure how many eyes he's gonna put on 205 Live.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Same for me. I blame it on the fact his character never evolved. At all.

Come out, do the same shtick, get ass thrown around like a ragdoll. Repeat next week.

People say "oh but his catchphrase! other stars had it too!" but fail to realize those stars actually evolved as time went on. Austin 3:16 didn't stay over, Stone Cold Steve Austin is what was over. If you smell... wasn't over, the Rock that made it over.

Coupled with the fact he's a massive tool irl, i hope Enzo is released before the year is over.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Same for me. I blame it on the fact his character never evolved. At all.

Come out, do the same shtick, get ass thrown around like a ragdoll. Repeat next week.

People say "oh but his catchphrase! other stars had it too!" but fail to realize those stars actually evolved as time went on. Austin 3:16 didn't stay over, Stone Cold Steve Austin is what was over. If you smell... wasn't over, the Rock that made it over.

Coupled with the fact he's a massive tool irl, i hope Enzo is released before the year is over.

Enzo has gotten alot of things over. His entrance, sawft, cuppa haters, the weird dancing. It's not like he just relies on one catchphrase forever like Ryback. He has a place in WWE just like Ellsworth does and Santino did in the past.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Enzo has gotten alot of things over. His entrance, sawft, cuppa haters, the weird dancing. It's not like he just relies on one catchphrase forever like Ryback. He has a place in WWE just like Ellsworth does and Santino did in the past.
Yeah, the "smart" crowd aren't huge fans of Enzo (except when he came up.. LOL go check the threads back then, amirite?).

But the casuals love him and he's got TONS of crap over. In that awful Big Show/Cass match, the crowd went nuts for Enzo multiple times.

Enzo is over as ****, like it or not. And someone being over can only help the CW division because the only guys who are over on 205 Live at all are Neville and TJP.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not a huge Enzo fan and can't recall a time I was excited for one of his matches. And I didn't even really want them called up originally because they were "meh" to me.

But last night? He was actually fairly entertaining in the match. And the story was actually pretty good that they told with him. And the crowd popped HUGE for his win.

So will someone tell me how this isn't good for 205 Live?

Just look at the views on Youtube for clips from last night's show.

Enzo's match: 115,000
Rich Swann's match: 40,000
Gallagher/Kendrick NO DQ: 52,000

Now I wish WWE would listen to their fans about wrestlers we actually want to see who are GOOD wrestlers (that the casuals like too). Dillinger, Breezango, Sami Zayn, etc, etc ... who get nowhere but were just as over until WWE killed them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
this guys turned a really bad gimmick into something hilarious. even live they nailed their crap. as fun as their fashion police, etc segments.

edit: yeah... i did said out loud, "what the ****..." funny they brought king dressed as okada.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Saw Fashion Police segment. Was awesome. Makes me sad they're not used more.

....like...they can...you know...actually wrestle a match every now and then...maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->