World Cup: 2026 World Cup Bid

Which location gets your vote?

• Total voters

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You aren't necessarily contradicting each other. Of course, the Jays saw a huge jump in fan support when the team looked competitive, but they still drew over 20,000 even in their bad years and that's over 81 home games. Clearly, they have a loyal fan base that sticks around even when all the bandwagoners are gone. Whether that fanbase is bigger than Toronto FC's core fanbase I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You aren't necessarily contradicting each other. Of course, the Jays saw a huge jump in fan support when the team looked competitive, but they still drew over 20,000 even in their bad years and that's over 81 home games. Clearly, they have a loyal fan base that sticks around even when all the bandwagoners are gone. Whether that fanbase is bigger than Toronto FC's core fanbase I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not saying the Jays don't have a lot of fans. I'm just saying there is a large number of casual fans who go to one, maybe two games a year, don't watch any games on TV and are not bothered by the team missing out on the playoffs. They will go to the Rogers center, blindly worship Tulo, get drunk and then leave and come back in a years time.

But this is a rather irrelevant debate to have at the moment, lets watch the world cup instead!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That's because NA ticket prices are utterly insane. Going to watch my eiserne when I'm in Berlin costs 14 euros to get in, and seeing Hertha play in BuLi1 is 25.
To put that in perspective my season seat in the supporters section for the Red Bulls is $22 US a match. And we are unique among all MLS teams in that all Open Cup matches up to the semifinal round and the first two home playoff matches are included for STH's at no additional charge. This year the first 2 rounds of the CONCACAF Champions League were also included, had to buy a ticket for the semi but it was at the reduced rate of $24.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That's because NA ticket prices are utterly insane. Going to watch my eiserne when I'm in Berlin costs 14 euros to get in, and seeing Hertha play in BuLi1 is 25.

Well MY team only costs 5 euros to see!

Not only are N.American ticket prices insane, the food and drink prices are such that I don't know how anyone gets drunk enough to actually enjoy the game.

Reactions: cgf

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well MY team only costs 5 euros to see!

Not only are N.American ticket prices insane, the food and drink prices are such that I don't know how anyone gets drunk enough to actually enjoy the game.

Got to do the drinking before leaving your house ;)

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->