OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
two more edge rushers gone

Adisa Isaac to the Ravens

Jaylx Hunt to the Eagles

Believe Washington met with both

and of course Pitt takes Payton Wilson

Last edited:

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
we would have had to reach for a OT every pick we had. I like a lot of what I read about Sinnott. He can block and play FB in short yardage.
Yea, that’s my favorite pick. I went real deep on the TEs when I thought it would be Maye.

Sinnott is another of these monster TEs from the Midwest. He’ll be useful in a variety of ways depending on what KK wants. Ertz can help him develop as a safety valve for JD.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Kiper:

Washington Commanders

The picks: DT Jer'Zhan Newton (No. 36), CB Mike Sainristil (No. 50), TE Ben Sinnott (No. 53)

I mentioned the Commanders' trade with the Eagles above, and Washington ended up with three second-round picks. New GM Adam Peters landed a game-wrecker for the middle of his defense. He got the best slot corner in this class. And he got my second-ranked tight end, a player who could make plays in the pass game and block his butt off in the run game. This is a home run Round 2 class for the Commanders, who entered this draft with a lot of holes.

To finish out Round 3, Washington took wideout Luke McCaffrey, which was a reach based on my rankings. Still, Christian's brother has the physical traits to be an intriguing flier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad