Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Thu, May 23 | @ Det | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Gausman vs Flaherty

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
LOL, Vogelbach again.

I think the new slogan is soon gonna be #TOTHEFLOOR

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I dunno, he did pinch hit in yesterday's loss and drove the only run in.

I am scratching my head, man, I don’t understand these decisions. It’s almost like Galaxy Brain Keefe over there. It’s not hard, put your best/hottest hitters out there as much as possible.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
But it brings up the theory, how much input does he have in setting the lineup?

Because on a struggling offensive team, if you get a 10 run outburst with a certain lineup, you should try to repeat it especially trying to win your first series in a long time. But nope they reverse back to non-hitting Springer in leadoff and take Jano out of the lineup for freakin Vogelbach who is useless as tits on a bull.

If this was all run by spreadsheets, you’d get an entirely different lineup than what he’s doing.

Discoverer’s mentioned it before, but the fact that the lineup drastically changed in optimization when Schneider came in after Montoyo is direct evidence that the manager has some sway.

Reactions: canucksfan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Fatty 1 (Vogelbach) and Fatty 2 (Kirk) cannot drive in a run from 3rd base. with 1 out.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
how do any of you actually watch this team anymore? watching paint dry would be like game 7 stanley cup final in overtime compared to these guys.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
how do any of you actually watch this team anymore? watching paint dry would be like game 7 stanley cup final in overtime compared to these guys.
I enjoy watching baseball and only really enjoy watching Blue Jays games (aside from the playoffs).

Also, I have watched the Jays, Leafs and Raptors through both their tough times and good times. Suffering through mediocrity is what makes a true fan appreciative of success.

Reactions: MS

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I enjoy watching baseball and only really enjoy watching Blue Jays games (aside from the playoffs).

Also, I have watched the Jays, Leafs and Raptors through both their tough times and good times. Suffering through mediocrity is what makes a true fan appreciative of success.
i mean for me it has less to do with wins and losses and more just being a terribly boring product.

Reactions: trellaine201

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad