Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Tue, May 7 | @ Phi | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Berrios vs Sanchez

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
You don't get it. Dodgers deferred a majority of his salary. Comparing the two teams' payroll is a stupid argument. Their actual payroll is probably over 80 million more than the Jays.

Making an argument that the Jays need to be better is a more sensible one.
You know, I won't be one of those making it. I need an entertaining product on the field, win or lose. I'm not diehard enough to care about day-to-day, but this eye-searing product we've been given for the last two seasons is turning me away, far away.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Sorry don't buy the excuses. Any team can do the same thing the Dodgers do.

I do get it quite well. I only see excuses being made.
They are the only team that has started doing it. It also needs to have approval from ownership which I doubt Rogers would do.

Go ahead, shit on the team because for the most part, they deserve it but comparing them to the Dodgers payroll makes no sense.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Sorry don't buy the excuses. Any team can do the same thing the Dodgers do.
They have the benefit of having almost double the tv revenue of the next team.

thats a few years old. they have absolute guaranteed income for a long time.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
They are the only team that has started doing it. It also needs to have approval from ownership which I doubt Rogers would do.

Go ahead, shit on the team because for the most part, they deserve it but comparing them to the Dodgers payroll makes no sense.

Makes sense to me, you can believe whatever you want.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
They have the benefit of having almost double the tv revenue of the next team.

thats a few years old. they have absolute guaranteed income for a long time.

They spend money and draft well. Well oiled machine

1714176617787.png

So Rogers says no to deferral contracts? Now what?

Then we need to learn to draft well then don't we and spend wisely.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
They spend money and draft well. Well oiled machine

Then we need to learn to draft well then don't we and spend wisely.
Yeah I don't begrudge them that.

They've only one WS in over 30 years, and that was the covid one.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Yeah I don't begrudge them that.

They've only one WS in over 30 years, and that was the covid one.

At least they get to watch exciting regular season playoff baseball every year and get past the first round.

Our GM just runs back what was an anemic offense hoping for different results.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Ohtani is making 70 million a year. The majority of it is deferred. His salary on what you posted is 2 million. Their actual team payroll is significantly deflated so comparing the Jays and Dodgers payrolls is rather foolish.
I am done trying to discuss this. The excuses ain't it for me.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jays are very likely going to have to rebuild the rebuild. What a shame, there was so much potential wasted.

Good news is they have a bunch of very good pitchers who should garner a shitton on the market.

You can probably get 4-5 blue chippers by trading Kikuchi, Gausman and Bassitt. If you wanted to go scorched earth you could trade Berrios for an absolute haul too.

Reactions: GreytWun

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Jays are very likely going to have to rebuild the rebuild. What a shame, there was so much potential wasted.

Good news is they have a bunch of very good pitchers who should garner a shitton on the market.
We either need a rebuild or a retool. A retool might be the way to go.

Regardless, I think I'm more comfortable with a different general manager leading both a rebuild and retool.

Reactions: rboomercat90

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

You can probably get 4-5 blue chippers by trading Kikuchi, Gausman and Bassitt. If you wanted to go scorched earth you could trade Berrios for an absolute haul too.
Also have younger guys that will be FAs soon the team could use as trade bait. Not sure a retool would work.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Speaking of drafting, haven't the jays had some trouble in recent years in signing some guys they drafted?

Not sure what that was about but maybe some just dont want to play for the one Canadian team. I remember that being a discussion in the covid years when our draconian restrictions turned off players signing for the Leafs & Raptors.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
For a retool you have to have some core pieces in place. The Jays have none.
We need a new 1-3 but the rest of the lineup seems fine. Pitching will be improved.

4. Turner/Orelvis?
5. Varsho
6. Bichette
7. Schneider
8. Kirk/Jansen
9. Clement/IKF/Barger

• Haha
Reactions: GoodKiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad