Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think they said to themselves, we've been scoring 5 runs to often, thats just too many!

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Schneider does it again. Not pinch hitting for Vogelbach with 2 men on and no outs to “save” him for righties later in the game? He doesn’t hit lefties at all.

Just wondering, do the Jays have the fattest, least effective players in the game? Vladdy, Kirk, and Vogelbach…I’d hate to see these guys at a buffet table.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Schneider does it again. Not pinch hitting for Vogelbach with 2 men on and no outs to “save” him for righties later in the game? He doesn’t hit lefties at all.

Just wondering, do the Jays have the fattest, least effective players in the game? Vladdy, Kirk, and Vogelbach…I’d hate to see these guys at a buffet table.
It's ridiculous. The Kool-aid drinkers will never admit it, but there is such a lack of professionalism in the clubhouse. We're never going to win with this group. Our club looks like a frat house. I can't believe how out of shape some of our guys are.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Schnieder still has a job eh. f***ing embarrassing

Atkins and Shapiro too? Embarrassing

Fire em all. All f***ing morons
The frustrating thing is that everyone in the baseball universe knew the Jays lacked hitting and instead of trying to upgrade that, we’re continuing with the inept hitting with men on base. Rather than pursuing Soto, they shot their wad on a pipe dream of getting Ohtani. He was never going to come here if Atkins had been paying attention.

Adding further frustration is Schneider’s bewildering decisions that don’t help this anemic offence. I’d have fired his ass after the Seattle series in the playoffs. He’s wasting some really good starting pitching.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It's ridiculous. The Kool-aid drinkers will never admit it, but there is such a lack of professionalism in the clubhouse. We're never going to win with this group. Our club looks like a frat house. I can't believe how out of shape some of our guys are.
Every teams dugout is a like a frat house, it’s part of the game. And blaming the teams struggles by calling some players fat is childish and ridiculous. Some of the guys struggling the most are not “fat”

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I just have a hard time coming to terms with how far Vladdy has fallen. He was a legit projected MVP candidate coming up. It's crazy that now he's plum average and more often an easy out.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I just have a hard time coming to terms with how far Vladdy has fallen. He was a legit projected MVP candidate coming up. It's crazy that now he's plum average and more often an easy out.
The biggest thing about Vladdy is that he came up and was targeting starter's best pitch and trying to hammer it, but now he seems to be sitting fastball.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
The biggest thing about Vladdy is that he came up and was targeting starter's best pitch and trying to hammer it, but now he seems to be sitting fastball.
To me it seems like he’s targeting the sliders a foot off the plate. He’s looked like Javy Baez on some of his swing decisions

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
To me it seems like he’s targeting the sliders a foot off the plate. He’s looked like Javy Baez on some of his swing decisions
When you sit fastball against a guy that throws 97, you start your swing early enough that even a respectable slider is going to be problematic (a whiff or worse, contact).

If you are sitting slider (especially before two strikes, you don't swing at fastballs and you are tracking the break so that you can stop your swing if it moves too much).

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The frustrating thing is that everyone in the baseball universe knew the Jays lacked hitting and instead of trying to upgrade that, we’re continuing with the inept hitting with men on base. Rather than pursuing Soto, they shot their wad on a pipe dream of getting Ohtani. He was never going to come here if Atkins had been paying attention.

Adding further frustration is Schneider’s bewildering decisions that don’t help this anemic offence. I’d have fired his ass after the Seattle series in the playoffs. He’s wasting some really good starting pitching.

Conversely, it was because the Jays didn’t perceive to have a long lineup and many were expecting Springer/Bo/Vlad to carry the offence.

They are currently ranked 8th, 9th, and 10th on the Jays in wRC+.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

He looks like a player going up there trying to crush every pitch without a strategy or reason. In fact, he often looks like a player who has decided to swing before the pitch has even been thrown. He's swinging at balls that even shitty players don't swing at.

Reactions: torontoblood

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Schnieder still has a job eh. f***ing embarrassing

Atkins and Shapiro too? Embarrassing

Fire em all. All f***ing morons
We want the people who hired this management team to now fire this management team, and hire the next management team?

Gotta chop off the head (ownership). Which can't be done. So welcome to groundhog day the movie.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
As baffling as our management was this offseason...our whole championship window was predicated on the notion that Vlad would play like an MVP candidate and Bo a superstar. If all Vlad is is an average 1B and Bo just a good player then maybe we never had a championship window to begin with, just a playoff contention window.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
As baffling as our management was this offseason...our whole championship window was predicated on the notion that Vlad would play like an MVP candidate and Bo a superstar. If all Vlad is is an average 1B and Bo just a good player then maybe we never had a championship window to begin with, just a playoff contention window.
FWIW, Bo has been top 20 in MVP voting 3 years in a row and is 22nd overall in fWAR from 2021-2023 (6th among SS).

OTOH, Vlad is 36th (when he was projected to be a top 5/top 10 type of player) (note: this includes a 6 win season which is more than half his total fWAR over the 3 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad