Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
This orgainzation is a f***ing disaster. So many disgraceful moves. Bunch of morons

I don't understand why you keep posting the same thing over and over after a loss. Trade everyone. this team sucks. worst team ever. etc. etc. OK we get it.

First off yeah it sucks that they lost that game, but i can't really be that mad how it happened. Swanson is coming back from injury and you don't want to overwork certain bullpen pitchers. Swanson will be better.

And anyways, your posts make it out like they have some disgraceful record and are the worst team in baeseball. They're over .500 and just won a series against the yankees. Their bats are starting to come around, and the pitching has been very good.

Things aren't that bad. lol.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
8:40 start on a Friday evening….boo

I don't understand why you keep posting the same thing over and over after a loss. Trade everyone. this team sucks. worst team ever. etc. etc. OK we get it.

First off yeah it sucks that they lost that game, but i can't really be that mad how it happened. Swanson is coming back from injury and you don't want to overwork certain bullpen pitchers. Swanson will be better.

And anyways, your posts make it out like they have some disgraceful record and are the worst team in baeseball. They're over .500 and just won a series against the yankees. Their bats are starting to come around, and the pitching has been very good.

Oddly enough they end up exactly where he anticipates they’ll finish, and yet somehow he’s surprised.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

You guys all know I’m negative Nancy. Last place is disgraceful though. Am I wrong? I don’t give a f*** what division they play. Do better. They suck. Management sucks. Last place again

I can live through pain but not like this.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
You guys all know I’m negative Nancy. Last place is disgraceful though. Am I wrong? I don’t give a f*** what division they play. Do better. They suck. Management sucks. Last place again

They're not even in last place!

Not in the division and more importantly not even close in the entire American league. I'm pretty confident this team will be in the mix for a playoff spot by August.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

0.5 back of the Rays for a WC spot, 3 back of the Yanks, with more than 85% of the season still left to play. The sky is certainly not falling at the moment.

How did you live through the Delgado/Halladay eras?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
For those who believe Kirk is bad defensively.

I still think it's hilarious that there's anyone around who thinks he's a poor defender. Some people are completely blinded by his weight... he's literally in the conversation for being the best defensive catcher in the league.

What I love about his framing is how subtle it usually is. You see a lot of catchers just stab at the ball and try to pull it back and it's so obvious what they're doing that you can't help but laugh sometimes... they're no way they're going to steal many calls. Kirk starts outside the zone and catches the ball as he's moving the glove back towards the plate. He makes it look like a natural movement rather than making it obvious he's trying to trick the ump. It's awesome to watch.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
People forget that Varsho hit 27HR just 1 season ago (2022). The dude has power, it's his contact ability that's an issue.
I have no idea how long he'll maintain it, but he's not chasing anything so far this year while still being really aggressive on pitches in the zone. It's great to see that approach.

The Jays have actually been fantastic at that as a team: they have the third lowest chase rate in the league right now. The two teams that chase less (NYY and MIL) also have the two lowest rates of in-zone swings, while the Jays have the 12th highest. They make really good swing decisions overall.

They need to start hitting the ball with a bit more authority, but it's a good starting point at least.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I have no idea how long he'll maintain it, but he's not chasing anything so far this year while still being really aggressive on pitches in the zone. It's great to see that approach.

The Jays have actually been fantastic at that as a team: they have the third lowest chase rate in the league right now. The two teams that chase less (NYY and MIL) also have the two lowest rates of in-zone swings, while the Jays have the 12th highest. They make really good swing decisions overall.

They need to start hitting the ball with a bit more authority, but it's a good starting point at least.

I like the approach but the batted ball profile still isn't great. He needs to lower the launch angle and not hit so many pop ups

Reactions: Discoverer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad