Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Still undefeated with Schneider in the lineup.

Kiermaier should sit tomorrow. He’s not committed to the Jays anyway. 1 year x 10 million

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Still undefeated with Schneider in the lineup.

Kiermaier should sit tomorrow. He’s not committed to the Jays anyway. 1 year x 10 million
He wasn't in the lineup yesterday because they were playing against a left hander, if it's the same tonight then Kiermaier will not be in the lineup. I didn't see the game, I heard that Romano got the save, did he pitch well?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
thanks, so it wasn't a clean inning, but at least he's back. Hopefully he'll pitch a clean inning his next outing.
I wouldn't expect a lot from Romano or Swanson for a week or two. They need to get some game situations in, but at the same time, if there's a one run lead, it should be Garcia over this short span (while they work on their game mechanics)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wouldn't expect a lot from Romano or Swanson for a week or two. They need to get some game situations in, but at the same time, if there's a one run lead, it should be Garcia over this short span (while they work on their game mechanics)
Romano was in mid season form last night.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
yeah, I guess it's like their spring training so you're right it will probably be a few weeks until they're ready.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
yeah, I guess it's like their spring training so you're right it will probably be a few weeks until they're ready.
Swanson should be a little closer because he's been throwing longer but these guys have 1 IP (Romano) and 1.1 (Swanson) since they were shut down.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.

I don't ask alot.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman. Please beat Stroman.

I don't ask alot.
The trick is to follow the same formula as game 2 (and the one that they started game 1 with before Mattingly-ing instead).

Stro-show is an interesting pitcher. His velocity is down (90.3mph on his 4 seam and 87.4 on his cutter), he's currently walking and striking out his most guys per 9 ever. He's outpitching his peripherals by quite a bit, with some significant BABIP luck so far this year. The velocity separation between his fastest and slowest pitches isn't great, which suggests that eventually he will regress to the mean.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The Yankees are like the Leafs. They overpaid on Offense (hitting) so they have suspect Defense (pitching)

1713370858002.png

Stro show at 18 is bad IMO.

source New York Yankees 2024 Salaries Payroll

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The Yankees are like the Leafs. They overpaid on Offense (hitting) so they have suspect Defense (pitching)

View attachment 853765

Stro show at 18 is bad IMO.

source New York Yankees 2024 Salaries Payroll
Stroman finished 40th in fWAR among starters. The pitchers who make less and are better have either not hit free agency yet, or signed with the team that had them on team-friendly deals. Stroman's deal was always going to be neutral or worse. OTOH, the Stanton deal is an albatross.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Schneider doesn't play 3B, so if Biggio and Schneider both play the infield, it has to be this combo.

I'd have kept Shneider in left field. He killed it there yesterday.

Bring biggio back in at 2nd. keep clement at 3rd.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I don't ask alot.

You're doing it wrong. Stroman feeds of the "nobody believes in me" narrative. You need to visualize him doing great so that your positive vibes throw him off.

• Haha
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
You're doing it wrong.
MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART,

How'd I do ?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART, MARCUS HAS TREMENDOUS HEIGHT AND HEART,

How'd I do ?
brent-rambo-ok.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad