Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
That wasn't in the least bit a difficult throw to catch either. It was right there. And just like that they're down.

I love Vladdy, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. He's wasting a whole tonne of potential.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It’s costly and Vladdy is doing nothing to help the team win games but they have 4 innings to get tie it at the very least. Miracles do happen
I wouldn't really care if Vladdy mashed at the plate. He has brainfarts defensively and on the bases. He's basically worthless unless he puts up 900+ ops.

If you replaced Vladdy with one of the young bucks from AAA I don't think you would even notice.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Time to move on from Vladdy. He makes way too much money and isn't someone you build around. He needs to be benched and humbled.

Turner should get starts at 1b and let Martinez/Barger gets some at bats in DH/infield spots.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Time to move on from Vladdy. He makes way too much money and isn't someone you build around. He needs to be benched and humbled.
And everyone shit on me when I said he did not deserve his arb asking salary, because he has regressed two years in a row. guess what its even worse so far this year.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
And everyone shit on me when I said he did not deserve his arb asking salary, because he has regressed two years in a row. guess what its even worse so far this year.
I agree with this. How does a .788 ops 1B with very average defence (or below average) with terrible base running get 19.9 million? Not worth the money. The arbiter must be factoring in 2021 and 2022 because he's no where near worth that.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I agree with this. How does a .788 ops 1B with very average defence (or below average) with terrible base running get 19.9 million? Not worth the money. The arbiter must be factoring in 2021 and 2022 because he's no where near worth that.
1B is the least premium defensive position. 1B has to rake to make their money. Vladdy was great defensively in 2022. He regressed in 2023. I'm not gonna say he regressed defensively even more this year as its only his first error.

If he isn't gonna rake at 1B, he does not deserve a long term high value contract.

But you'd think he would be super motivated nearing free agency to be great. Maybe growing up rich and making a lot of money himself since they signed him at 16 for $4M, he doesnt seem to care much. and nevermind what he's made in endorsements and arbitration.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
My god, meatball right down the middle and he looks at it.

Well, the 9 LOB and Vladdy's error is what this game is about.

Reactions: shaner8989

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Vladdy absolutely sucked in this game. How much longer are we gonna wait for Vladdy to break out? Looks like Vladdy is not much better than replacement level 1st baseman right now.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

It’s not really about what he deserves at this point. I don’t think an arb case ever ended up with a player earning less than what they previously made. His value was established from 2021 and his price could only go up from there unless they decided to cut ties with him.

It’s sad that the potential hasn’t materialized but could you imagine if they cut him, he signed with someone else, and then he broke out? They just have to live with him and hope he figures it out.

Also why neither side has agreed to an extension. Vladdy’s true value is well below his current price tag.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Vladdy absolutely sucked in this game. How much longer are we gonna wait for Vladdy to break out? Looks like Vladdy is not much better than replacement level 1st baseman right now.
It’s crazy how far from his hype he is. Really feels like someone we have to move off of. He may figure it out one day but I don’t think it’ll be as a Jay. I don’t want to commit long term to a name a projections from years ago. He has not improved in any season. He gets progressively worse each year. Maybe he just needs to put the weight back on and be a heavy masher.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I’ve said for years Vladdy sucks. One good year during Covid in buffalo. Doesn’t count

Fat lazy slob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad