Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
That's a tough call. I wanted them to give Kikuchi another inning, but he did labour a lot through the 6th.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
That's a tough call. I wanted them to give Kikuchi another inning, but he did labour a lot through the 6th.
yeah for a change I agree with Schneider going to the pen. Plus Kikuchi had something goin on earlier the trainers were out i dont know what it was about... He's been great this year lets not mess with a good thing.

Reactions: GoonieFace

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
lol, they fix the camera issues and then lose the whole broadcast feed during the commercial break. Fantastic job, Sportsnet.
Earlier this year they went to commercial break in the middle of live action during an Oilers game. It was when McDavid was on 99 assists and during a dangerous zone possession with him on the ice too.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Can we please swap Biggio and Springer. Springer should be hitting in the 9 hole for the foreseeable future. He’s a garbage bat at this point. That contract is aging very poorly.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Romano gives up a solo dinger, but retires the next one, Jays win 5-3.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can we please swap Biggio and Springer. Springer should be hitting in the 9 hole for the foreseeable future. He’s a garbage bat at this point. That contract is aging very poorly.

But we can't put Springer at 9th since that spot has to be reserved for the human pile of burning trash that is Varsho. :sarcasm:

Reactions: phillipmike

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Team will be quite something if the boys who are supposed to hit start hitting. I think ya gotta move Vladdy and Springer down the line up for a stretch though

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Vladdy is hitting fairly well. Keep him there. Springer is really bad. The contact he makes is awful.
I think we just have to get used to it that Vladdy is not a prolific home run hitter anymore, and probably won't be again. Who knows if he ever truly was, the one anomaly being the covid year with so many games in minor league ballparks.

Heck, he's not hitting many doubles either.

He's a good player, just not a great player.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think we just have to get used to it that Vladdy is not a prolific home run hitter anymore, and probably won't be again. Who knows if he ever truly was, the one anomaly being the covid year with so many games in minor league ballparks.

Heck, he's not hitting many doubles either.

He's a good player, just not a great player.
I believe his stats were similar across road, minor league parts and rogers Center.

This year his underlying stats suggest he’s doing a lot worse than he should be. I’ve said it a few times but the Jays biggest concern is Springer.

Offense is down in baseball so worth looking at wrc.

Jays are 9-4 last 13 games. Solid record.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Martinez, Barger and Horwitz are totally blocked by Vogelbach, Biggio and IKF. Could we turn some quantity into a more proven guy?

How about Barger and Martinez for Donavan over at the Cardinals?

Or should we just be patient and let them cook in the minors? Seems like they don't have much more to prove though.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Something to note with Varsho...his average and OBP are in line with his numbers two years ago.

One of the big comments from that time was that his stats would increase playing for the Jays versus Dbacks because of the stadiums that he gets to hit in, and that's precisely what he's doing now. He's hitting balls to the pull side of a lot of lefty pull friendly parks.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Martinez, Barger and Horwitz are totally blocked by Vogelbach, Biggio and IKF. Could we turn some quantity into a more proven guy?

How about Barger and Martinez for Donavan over at the Cardinals?

Or should we just be patient and let them cook in the minors? Seems like they don't have much more to prove though.
Of course we should trade our two hottest hitting prospects for a 27 year old batting .202 on the season.

What do you think?

• Haha
Reactions: kb and Ciao

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Of course we should trade our two hottest hitting prospects for a 27 year old batting .202 on the season.

What do you think?
C3F53159-3659-4032-A0A7-D64055229D36.png

Seems to check out value wise. Orelvis doesn’t have a ton of defensive value either.

I also don’t mind holding on to them though.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
View attachment 858164

Seems to check out value wise. Orelvis doesn’t have a ton of defensive value either.

I also don’t mind holding on to them though.
I think Orelvis is a better player. I also think that evaluating his defense based on box scores is a bad practice, because it only tells you that he is making errors (not how he's making them). He's only 400 innings into learning 2B as a young player. He still needs work, but I wouldn't write off his D yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad