WC: 2024 Team USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's disheartening when players who would otherwise have no chance to make this team turn it down without being injured. They don't care about playing for this team. Lindgren knows he has a minuscule chance to make the best on best teams, so he's not going to do us any favors for a team he doesn't care to play for. USAH has to change that culture.
He has come before but that was to help better his career years ago. Seems to be the case for many of these dudes. They only come if it helps them. Younger player looking to gain more experience and get more eyes on his game. Journeyman looking for another contract that he might be able to open more doors for himself. This is why the Larkin, Gaudreau, Werenski, Kane, Nelson, etc of the world are special and should be given a roster spot if even remotely close compared to others who never gave a shit but might be having a better season.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
They should hold a spot for the prayer that Oettinger gets eliminated and will llay. He's got a real chance to make the best-of-teams but he's probably the #3 right now at best (behind Helle and Demko) and probably the #4 in reality (behind Swayman), so if available, hopefully he takes the opportunity to boost his resume.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They should hold a spot for the prayer that Oettinger gets eliminated and will llay. He's got a real chance to make the best-of-teams but he's probably the #3 right now at best (behind Helle and Demko) and probably the #4 in reality (behind Swayman), so if available, hopefully he takes the opportunity to boost his resume.
I personally would have Swayman ahead of Demko. And with how Hellebuyck has done in his playoff career, I don’t think he should be out of the woods for competition for the net.

But generally agree with you that Oettinger is 4th right now after how his season went.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I personally would have Swayman ahead of Demko. And with how Hellebuyck has done in his playoff career, I don’t think he should be out of the woods for competition for the net.

But generally agree with you that Oettinger is 4th right now after how his season went.

Yeah, that's fair. When all 4 are playing well they're all great options to start. Good problem to have.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Brock Nelson would be a great add. He hasn't shown up since the 2017 WC, which ended a 4-straight WC run for him. While he's a contender for a best-of team, he's likely on the outside looking in for now. Show up and give the staff a reason to think differently.

Palmieri and Lee are worthy invites, too, although they have no chance for a best-of team.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Jets eliminated as well.
A name like Kyle Connor is someone who hasn't represented USA Hockey much either. The Jets have usually been a playoff team, but I have always felt he still has an axe to grind over his WJC snub years back. He would be a near lock for me prior to this season, but his overall play has been up & down & him making a showing here would be huge moving forward. I doubt he even entertains an offer but he is another name that seems to only come if made to show up....

Samberg would be a welcome add again, he came last year and was solid. Would take him in a heart beat since we aren't getting Quinn Hughes.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
A name like Kyle Connor is someone who hasn't represented USA Hockey much either. The Jets have usually been a playoff team, but I have always felt he still has an axe to grind over his WJC snub years back. He would be a near lock for me prior to this season, but his overall play has been up & down & him making a showing here would be huge moving forward. I doubt he even entertains an offer but he is another name that seems to only come if made to show up....

Samberg would be a welcome add again, he came last year and was solid. Would take him in a heart beat since we aren't getting Quinn Hughes.
Connor is one of the best wingers we have. He would absolutely make my best-on-best team. He'd be a great addition to this year's WC team as well, but with the way they Jets got bushwhacked you wonder where their heads are at. For instance, a guy like Hellebuyck probably just needs to go to his cabin for a month an decompress.

Brock Nelson would be a great add. He hasn't shown up since the 2017 WC, which ended a 4-straight WC run for him. While he's a contender for a best-of team, he's likely on the outside looking in for now. Show up and give the staff a reason to think differently.

Palmieri and Lee are worthy invites, too, although they have no chance for a best-of team.
Nelson would be ideal.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Connor is one of those guys who is fighting for a spot on the best-versus-best roster. He should come.

Pionk, Appleton and Iafallo could be options. I don't think Hellebyuck will come.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
After what they did to Connor with the World Juniors, I could understand if he told USA Hockey to pound sand and that he had no interest in jeopardizing his own career with potential injury to play international games, now or ever. Although I guess he played in the World Championships a few months after that, so I guess he probably doesn't feel that way lol

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It would be ridiculous not to play for your country because you don't like someone in the federation. Or even if you hate the whole federation.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
After what they did to Connor with the World Juniors, I could understand if he told USA Hockey to pound sand and that he had no interest in jeopardizing his own career with potential injury to play international games, now or ever. Although I guess he played in the World Championships a few months after that, so I guess he probably doesn't feel that way lol
At some point though, you have to get over it right? KFC (Kyle f***ing Connor) has been one of my favorite players for years but I don't know where his heart is when it comes to representing USA Hockey. He has come before, but like I stated prior for reasons that truly benefited him. I had him as a lock to make a best of team last year, he isn't a lock right now imo. His play was very up and down this year, streaky. Still insanely skilled but we won't be lacking skill...

Him coming would be massive and a great ending to another disappointing season for the Jets. Iafallo seems more realistic to get to come here, but I hope with the talent already named, someone like Connor jumps aboard.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Connor is one of the best wingers we have. He would absolutely make my best-on-best team. He'd be a great addition to this year's WC team as well, but with the way they Jets got bushwhacked you wonder where their heads are at. For instance, a guy like Hellebuyck probably just needs to go to his cabin for a month an decompress.

Nelson would be ideal.
Connor makes my team right now, but the gap is closing with other younger players who have shown up or will be this year. Is he a lock come next year? Not sure if that will be the case but regardless, sure would love to see 81 flying around out there in 10 days...

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Assuming they leave for Europe at the beginning of the week, I would imagine that the team will be announced soon.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They announced the roster on 5/4/2023 last year, first real game was played eight days later on 5/12/2023. Based on that timeline, you'd expect the roster to be announced 5/2/2024.
Just quoting myself here, since that's today. They announced the final roster the equivalent of today (which was also a Thursday) last year. That would take anyone from the three remaining first round series out of the mix (although they could leave a spot open for somebody, which can also be filled by a scrub if necessary).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So, there's been 15 players officially named (nine forwards, five d-men, and one goalie). I think Petry has also been confirmed so that leaves what, five forwards, two d-men, and two goalies?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad