U18: 2024 Team Canada

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Is it too late for players to be added? With Iginla being elongated last night.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Canada beats Finland in a pre-tournament game.

Is this tournament a coming out party for Matthew Schaefer?

3 apples in the game but didn't watch it so I'm interested in how he and the team looked?

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
Is this tournament a coming out party for Matthew Schaefer?

3 apples in the game but didn't watch it so I'm interested in how he and the team looked?
Didn’t see today but Schaefer was excellent in Erie’s playoff series against Kitchener. Best I saw him look all year.

Reactions: Blueston

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Sounds like Gardiner MacDougall will be coaching this team. He’s a fairly legendary coach here in Atlantic Canada. He’s fresh off of a 43-0 undefeated season with UNB in which they captured the national title, and a 2022 Mem Cup with the Sea Dogs.
MacDougall with 9 USport championship titles with UNB.
He also has International experience, winning the World University Games 3 times. Twice as head coach and one as an assistant.
He was head coach in 2022 winning against USA in Lake Placid, also against Russia in 2007, Torino Italy.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I understand they won at the Hlinka, and there is a need for role players/penalty killers, but taking guys like Wetsch and Josephson over someone like Hage is a prime example of why Canada loses some tournaments at the junior level.

Last edited:

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
I understand they won at the Hlinka, and there is a need for role players/penalty killers, but taking guys like Wetsch and Josephson over someone like Hage is a prime example of why Canada loses some tournaments at the junior level.
Yeah, they are not stressing enough on having skilled players.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Canada DESTROYED Norway 4-3 in overtime in their final pre-tournament game today.

Looks like Canada scored into their own empty net while their goalie was out on a delayed penalty. It's the only explanation I can think for a short-handed goal credited to Norway at the same time as Norway picked up a penalty.

• Haha
Reactions: Mathieukferland

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Has anyone seen a TSN schedule for this thing?
Never mind. I see tomorrow's game is on TSN1, The Uno, at 9 a.m. here in God's Country, and speaking of God, they're showing the Godless Heathens against Slovkia at 4 a.m.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Why is there so little talk on here about this team? They looked pretty good yesterday, playing a top team for the 1st game.
I was surprised they have the young guys as line 1 (McKenna/McQ/Martone). The big boys were a little physical, all 3 have a shot at WJC next year, although we don't usually take more than 1 draft eligable.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Why is there so little talk on here about this team? They looked pretty good yesterday, playing a top team for the 1st game.
I was surprised they have the young guys as line 1 (McKenna/McQ/Martone). The big boys were a little physical, all 3 have a shot at WJC next year, although we don't usually take more than 1 draft eligable.
McQueen and Martone are literally like two months younger than Iginla, so I wouldn’t exactly call them “the young guys”. I’d really only apply that label to guys like McKenna and Schaefer.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
McQueen and Martone are literally like two months younger than Iginla, so I wouldn’t exactly call them “the young guys”. I’d really only apply that label to guys like McKenna and Schaefer.
OK, sure...all I was saying is that they are not getting drafted this year, right?

So I'm watching G2 on PVR right now and again surprised by the lack of talk?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Was Greetree injured during playoffs? Haven't been too impressed with him, considering his draft rankings.
I think Ritchie/Luchenko/Beaudoin have each stood out more and are usually ranked later

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't pretty, but got the job done.
How is this team one of the least talked about though? Is there a secret thread I don't know about?
I want in!

Anyways, bring on the Swedes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad