Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season I / 7-155 still possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Looking over the slate of games today, Yankees-Astros should be fun.

And since Toronto plays Tampa we're guaranteed not to be in sole possession of last place for at least two days this season!

Reactions: Carl Hungus

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Sox will play 10 games before their home opener and only three will start before 9:40pm.

Can't remember what season it was, but they started on the west coast not too long ago and the season felt like it was over before they played a home game.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
how is there not a single 10am game? the perk of being on the west coast is game times and today seems uneventful

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sox will play 10 games before their home opener and only three will start before 9:40pm.

Can't remember what season it was, but they started on the west coast not too long ago and the season felt like it was over before they played a home game.
In my opinion the Red Sox/Yankees should never be starting the season at home. It's absolutely miserable. I know that's tough to accommodate but just look at the weather today. Opening day would have been shitcanned.

Having them start in Seattle at 10 PM eastern after this horrible offseason will guarantee that this is going to be NESN's lowest ratings for an opening day in their 40 year history.
Also going up against NCAA tournament (which is also in Boston tonight).

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
In my opinion the Red Sox/Yankees should never be starting the season at home. It's absolutely miserable. I know that's tough to accommodate but just look at the weather today. Opening day would have been shitcanned.
I don't need them to open their season at Fenway but starting a season on a 10 game west coast trip sucks for fans. Cleveland also start their season out west for 7 games.

Two dome teams are opening their seasons against each other. Boston and Cleveland could have started the season on the road against Toronto and Tampa while Seattle and Oakland start against each other. No 10pm starts for local fans while all three series get hosted by teams with a roof so no risk of opening day rain outs.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Totally agree. All Opening Day games (and really the first two weeks) should take place in warm weather locales or indoor stadiums.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240312_014459_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20240328_125134_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20240328_125312_Twitter.jpg

Basically the mood going into the season.

Can we resurrect HF Board's yahoo fantasy league? We didn't last year and it was a bummer. Someone renew the league and become commissioner.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Also going up against NCAA tournament (which is also in Boston tonight).

I end up looking this up every year and with all the warm weather teams and domes, every cold weather team can start in one of those places.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Soto just gunned down the tying run at the plate in the 9th. Houston challenging but they're not overturning it.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like all the old videos earlier today. I always wanted to find the one they played with Yaz highlights during rain delays set to Sinatra’s My Way. Anyone remember that one?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Todays line-up:

Duran LF
Devers 3B
Story SS
Casas 1B
O'Neill RF
Yoshida DH
Rafaela CF
Valdez 2B
Wong C

We are all in agreement that the off-season sucked worse than the sequels to Jaws, but at least the line-up looks semi competent in terms of defense. The middle-axis of Wong, Story and Rafaela has potential to be spectacular and I think Duran is best suited in the corner OF.

Reactions: sarge88 and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad