Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1711614791991.png

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The only thing I’m holding hope for this season is that the deadline will be fun watching Pivetta and Jensen and any guys that can walk be traded for prospects. And that if things go right Anthony, Teel, and Meyer are here in August.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You have to go back 43 years to see how fed up Red Sox fans are with ownership.

Here is what happened - FSG has won millions of dollars in bonus money for winning championships with Liverpool which all goes to the owners. A team that wins the World Series does not get that kind of bonus.

FSG knows they will sell out the park in July, July and August as fans from Cowpasture, Missouri will pack the park. For a baseball fan who has never been to Fenway it is magical FOR ONE GAME.

In Boston there is no buzz over this team.

They are selling the media guide this year for FORTY BUCKS

Reactions: BMC

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
With opening day being today and the Sox starting on the road for the first 10 games, what is everyone’s predication for record on this trip? I will go 6-4.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Opening day on the west coast, 10:10 PM EST start.

If no one watches, does it really happen?

Aren’t opening days usually afternoon games?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Here is what happened - FSG has won millions of dollars in bonus money for winning championships with Liverpool which all goes to the owners. A team that wins the World Series does not get that kind of bonus.
People keep bringing up LIverpool in connection with the Red Sox.

I don't understand why.

Liverpool is a larger brand and they generate more revenue than the Red Sox. They don't need to be subsidized. They're arguably one of the five largest soccer clubs in the world, and unlike many of the top clubs, FSG manages to run them at a profit.

Reactions: sarge88 and CDJ

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
People keep bringing up LIverpool in connection with the Red Sox.

I don't understand why.

Liverpool is a larger brand and they generate more revenue than the Red Sox. They don't need to be subsidized. They're arguably one of the five largest soccer clubs in the world, and unlike many of the top clubs, FSG manages to run them at a profit.
The quote you replied to answers your question.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
That is why it breaks my heart, that game--not because in New York they could win because Boston lost; in that, there is a rough justice, and a reminder to the Yankees of how slight and fragile are the circumstances that exalt one group of human beings over another. It breaks my heart because it was meant to, because it was meant to foster in me again the illusion that there was something abiding, some pattern and some impulse that could come together to make a reality that would resist the corrosion; and because, after it had fostered again that most hungered-for illusion, the game was meant to stop, and betray precisely what it promised.

Of course, there are those who learn after the first few times. They grow out of sports. And there are others who were born with the wisdom to know that nothing lasts. These are the truly tough among us, the ones who can live without illusion, or without even the hope of illusion. I am not that grown-up or up-to-date. I am a simpler creature, tied to more primitive patterns and cycles. I need to think something lasts forever, and it might as well be that state of being that is a game; it might as well be that, in a green field, in the sun.

And so it begins...

• Love
Reactions: 08SeaBass08 and BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I turned the TV on for background noise and NESN was still on from last night's game. Pedro's first game as a Red Sox is on right now and it's f***ing incredible. What names. Lee Tinsley, Darren Lewis, Darren Bragg, Nomar. Sean McDonough and Remy on the call.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I turned the TV on for background noise and NESN was still on from last night's game. Pedro's first game as a Red Sox is on right now and it's f***ing incredible. What names. Lee Tinsley, Darren Lewis, Darren Bragg, Nomar. Sean McDonough and Remy on the call.
I know people pine for Orsillo but McDonough + Remy was phenomenal.

NESN was a pay channel for us until the early 2000s so I only got to see TV-38 games. I love it when they have Mcdonough on the radio games, brings me back.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I know people pine for Orsillo but McDonough + Remy was phenomenal.

NESN was a pay channel for us until the early 2000s so I only got to see TV-38 games. I love it when they have Mcdonough on the radio games, brings me back.

McDonough and Remy was the team when I really fell in love with baseball, so I have a soft spot for them. I could listen to McDonough read the phone book and be happy with it.

We had NESN growing up, my mom was a die hard hockey fan so I always remember having it.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
McDonough and Remy was the team when I really fell in love with baseball, so I have a soft spot for them. I could listen to McDonough read the phone book and be happy with it.

We had NESN growing up, my mom was a die hard hockey fan so I always remember having it.
Best voice ever, and loves to shit on everyone

My uncle had NESN on a "white box" he "got from a guy in NY". We went there for the big Bruins games haha.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Opening Day is when I'm at the peak of excitement. What a waste to have the game be at 10PM EST.

If you want games all day let two west coast teams start at 10. If the Sox have to open out there at leats make the first game a 7 pm eastern start. Not like we dont have to drag our asses to Fenway in the afternoon during the week for the home opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad