Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Then they will probably need to bring in a different QB. Because if they don't think Maye is ready to play it wouldn't make sense to throw him in if Brissett goes down. Zappe thinking he's better than awful Mac Jones doesn't have to mean anything more than that. If they were in line with your thinking why is he still on the team right now? Zappe is a better QB than rookie Joe Milton.
If Brissett goes down, you bring in another veteran. You don't keep Zappe just in case

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If Brissett goes down, you bring in another veteran. You don't keep Zappe just in case
I meant from day one they should have someone else other than Zappe then. Like if Brissett gets hurt in a game or throws 4 interceptions in a half. If they don't think Maye is ready then who goes in? If you don't want it to be Zappe than they should bring in someone else now or before the season starts.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think there's a 100% chance they stay with Wolf and that this is a dog and pony show.
Would be insanely stupid at this point to have somebody else do it after he’s more or less run everything this offseason. You would think if they were serious about it being somebody else they would’ve hired the person before free agency or the draft at the very least

Reactions: EverettMike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Would be insanely stupid at this point to have somebody else do it after he’s more or less run everything this offseason. You would think if they were serious about it being somebody else they would’ve hired the person before free agency or the draft at the very least
Well what if they aren't thrilled with the work he did in free agency and in the draft? Doesn't matter though, they went cheap at HC and they will go cheap and retain Wolf.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I prefer Roarke over Milton for depth, they had other areas they could have filled instead of taking Milton.

I agree. At the same time, it's possible that Rourke got a real offer from the CFL to go back to play and his window to accept and get acclimated is short since their season starts up in a month's time. So it's likely that he saw the writing on the wall, got a call from a CFL team in need of a QB, and asked for his release.

Reactions: bbfan419

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I don't see in any situation how it's good to have Bailey Zappe on your team when you're trying to develop your #1 franchise QB. Because Bailey  thinks hes the franchise #1. Hes ccommented on it. Hes said it. Hes cocky about it. It's a distraction. You can let him and Milton battle for the 3rd QB spot.

But going forward. He should be nowhere near this team.

They need to get assets worth some value for Zappe though. Once they can get actual assets, punt his ass to the curb.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I agree. At the same time, it's possible that Rourke got a real offer from the CFL to go back to play and his window to accept and get acclimated is short since their season starts up in a month's time. So it's likely that he saw the writing on the wall, got a call from a CFL team in need of a QB, and asked for his release.
True never thought of that and I would think every team in the CFL would be interested in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad