2024 NHL Trade Deadline

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I know I already said this, but he really shouldve been dealt last TDL. The offers were good but Grier asked for too much and now gets nothing.
It's possible that a move still would have required retention, like it would have this TDL. if so, we would have been topped out at 3, and the Hertl deal would be impossible. Like Grier, I'd take the Hertl deal over that alternative.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm here for surly, even-more-disinterested Barabanov the rest of the season. Like I want him to just decide he's not going to hop off the bench for a shift and leave the team shorthanded for an extended period because he just no longer has any f***s to give.
Dunno if that would make us better or worse tbh

• Haha
Reactions: DG93

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Two years ago, Grier inherited long-term contracts with Burns, Karlsson, Kane, Vlasic, Couture, Hertl, and Timo Meier needing a big contract. $50M (60%, or 70% if Meier signed) with no young assets aside from Eklund, Ferraro, and the 11th overall (in a draft that was 10 deep lol). In addition, with those guys the team was likely good enough to stay out of the top 5-7 and the playoffs, if they invested even a little.

He's cleared $30M of that on an annual basis, and the top prospects include Smith, Musty, Muk, Enstrom, and have 5 top 35 picks in the next two years. I think Sturm, Ferraro, and Granlund will add top 60 picks next year too.

I absolutely love Hertl and I despise Vegas, but SJ is not going to be good for a while, moving Hertl likely assures top 5 picks for the next 3+ drafts. It also increases the likelihood we finish worse than Chicago, which could be meaningful for both not counting as a move up, and getting better odds when no 1 is way more valuable than 2-4.

I am going to miss Tomas immensely, but to move him with only 17% retention and get two good assets is the right move.

Also, my parents moved to Vegas and despite being lifelong sharks fans, are happy about it. This pisses me off immensely, but rather than point out what's wrong with this to them, I'll just tell you all about it. f*** them, f*** Vegas, go Hertl, tank Sharks!

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
If Hertl is scheduled to come back before end of the season it'd be good to ship him out before he gets the Sharks any unwanted standings points.

EDIT: oh, he has full NMC... For some reason I thought it was a list situation.
I didn't think it would be to Vegas. But then when I hear it's been in the works since the all star break and then Hertl decides to get work done. And Vegas' cap constraints until ploffs start and then no cap once they start...

I hope they stop f***ing around winning games to make it all this worth it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad