Post-Game Talk: 2024 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | FLA wins 4-1

Who wins?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Call me crazy, but I'm not gonna give up on them, maybe we get swept, but until it's over I'll believe we can do it. Let's get the next game and make a series out of this!
Agree. I see we are not playing bad and we are not playing good,but for me its kinda strange but I see us not playing no because Panthers found a key against us but because we are shy? Trying playing system? What I want to say is that we are not playing well is only our fault,and even then with great roster and great keeper Panthers do not dominate on us,so we can totally win it all :)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I still don't hate our chances of winning this series. I'm not smashing the panic button just yet but lets see how game 3 goes. Get down another 2 or 3 goals and I'm gonna worry. But remember. After 1 intermission we were freaking out wailing "WELCOME TO PITTSBURGH" and still damn near won with Kucherov being AWOL. If the team gave up as fast as we do we'd have lost 8-1 last night. We've seen more glory since our CBJ crash than most franchises have seen in 40 years. We gotta remember to breathe and act like we've been there before

We do have a chance. All the pressure is on the Cats to close this now
Losing Bennet helps the lightning. Hopefully we show up tomorrow a d game advantage of home ice to make this a series.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Its pretty crazy because there is a path back to the SCF. If Boston wins that a very favorable and winnable matchup for us. After that you gotta fight off NYR or CAR. This round could easily be the toughest.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Its pretty crazy because there is a path back to the SCF. If Boston wins that a very favorable and winnable matchup for us. After that you gotta fight off NYR or CAR. This round could easily be the toughest.
While true, I feel like this is the same story every year with this format. If we get by the speed of Toronto and physicality of Florida, we always have that "we can beat boston" card to play. Then the metro winner has been a victim of ours too. Ideally, yes. Realistically, no. Both New York and Carolina would give us trouble this year. I believe wholeheartedly we beat Boston, but I think the Rangers would give us a problem. Hell, any of those metro teams would give us a run for our money. I do believe stylistically and statistically, we got the worst first round matchup we could ask for. Factor in Sergachev may be available soon, it sucks even more that if he could potentially play in a round 2, we may not get there for that to be a possibility.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Right now feels more like pressure on Tampa to just not get swept more than pressure for the Cats to close it out.

They are eating our lunch 5 on 5 and shutting down our offense. They've controlled the 2 games.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
That was the worst period I have ever seen Hagel play. Falling over the blue line was a cherry on top of it. But I'll bet he comes back in period 2.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We can all finally be put out if our misery this Saturday. The brooms will come out and with it they will sweep away the Jon Cooper era in Tampa.

Big moves have to be made now. JBB has gotten prove he's a competent GM. Cooper is his scape goat this year, but next year is his turn on the chopping block.

• Wow
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Gotta live and die by depth here and we're certainly dying by it. Florida knows they can get the Barkov line out against Kucherov and basically shadow him and thats going to kill half the offense on this team - thats why you saw a lot of blender lines last game. Someone not on the Kucherov line needs to learn to finish here soon if we want to have any hope.

Reactions: Hoek

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

I know the pens didnt have Crosby and Malkin in 2011, but that Lightning group took them and prime Ovi and the caps out. Crazy. That team would've smoked Vancouver. We'd be on four if it wasn't for Tim Thomas. Close calls and what ifs for 2016 and 2018 as well. I felt we were better than Nashville and Vegas those years.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad