Post-Game Talk: 2024 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | FLA wins 4-1

Who wins?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping it’s to just replace Perbix. Lilleberg and Crozier have great chemistry together.
Yeah Perbix had a brutal game 1.

But I think it's Cernak might hurt.
He only played 18 minutes (Dumba played 19....) and I don't remember seeing him after he took that hit which looked like he slammed his head into the glass.

Side note. If Cernak us legit injured again then JBB has to move him. It's a shame he's so damn unluckily but it's becoming a yesr trend we can't continue to go through

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah it was on the left side so I'm thinking third period? 1st period would've been too early. I remember him looking rocked and he went to the bench and was facing the glass/tunnel bent over. They never zoomed in or showed him but we saw too much of Dumba later on. I don't really remember if he played anymore.

Crozier isn't bad but no matter which way you slice it, this is a rough defense we have. Brisebois definitely has work to do this summer. Perbix and Dumba are not legit options. They both suck. I understand Dumba's mobility is gone but Bogosian was better. Perbix is still a bit more raw, but leaning on him right now in any way more than a #7 is not good. He's lousy in our end with the puck.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Motte looked injured after an awkward hit/collision with the boards late in the game.

I don't mind Watson drawing in if he can't go. This team hasn't handled the "heavy" game as well as they did in years past, and the series could use a little animosity.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Yeah it was on the left side so I'm thinking third period? 1st period would've been too early. I remember him looking rocked and he went to the bench and was facing the glass/tunnel bent over. They never zoomed in or showed him but we saw too much of Dumba later on. I don't really remember if he played anymore.

Crozier isn't bad but no matter which way you slice it, this is a rough defense we have. Brisebois definitely has work to do this summer. Perbix and Dumba are not legit options. They both suck. I understand Dumba's mobility is gone but Bogosian was better. Perbix is still a bit more raw, but leaning on him right now in any way more than a #7 is not good. He's lousy in our end with the puck.
Perbix looks like a squirrel trying to cross the freeway.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

Trade Perbix to a desperate team like Anaheim and get one of their young defensemen back.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Yeah Perbix had a brutal game 1.

But I think it's Cernak might hurt.
He only played 18 minutes (Dumba played 19....) and I don't remember seeing him after he took that hit which looked like he slammed his head into the glass.

Side note. If Cernak us legit injured again then JBB has to move him. It's a shame he's so damn unluckily but it's becoming a yesr trend we can't continue to go through
agreed, if he is out again I say move on from him

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I expect Panthers in 5 and the Lightning to lose both games that go to OT, so anything better than that is an unexpected pleasure to me.

The one positive thing is that the Lightning are not scared of playing on the road, specifically in a building that rarely gets hostile. Panthers' arena gets extremely quiet even when a game is pretty even, TD Garden is much more intimidating. Confident the Lightning CAN get a road split, WILL they? Who knows
We've already lost an OT game and Panthers in 5 looks like quite likely. Happy with my prognosticating so far, not happy with the Lightning's results obviously.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I still don't hate our chances of winning this series. I'm not smashing the panic button just yet but lets see how game 3 goes. Get down another 2 or 3 goals and I'm gonna worry. But remember. After 1 intermission we were freaking out wailing "WELCOME TO PITTSBURGH" and still damn near won with Kucherov being AWOL. If the team gave up as fast as we do we'd have lost 8-1 last night. We've seen more glory since our CBJ crash than most franchises have seen in 40 years. We gotta remember to breathe and act like we've been there before

We do have a chance. All the pressure is on the Cats to close this now

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
crozier is NOT ready for the NHL playoffs, and as bad as perbix has been we can't have crozier and lille out there for that much time.

i know most people here dont like him, but this team is missing serge
Crozier wasn't actually bad and almost hit 15 minutes in his first playoff game, but Lilleberg got abused. I also noticed from about the halfway point on there were a lot of FL players taking runs at him for a few hits he gave. Lots of bad puck choices. Can't fly the zone if the defenders can't get it out of the zone first, but honestly what do you do? I don't think Fleury is good to go, Sergachev is a maybe and probably only about 75% but likely a better option than one of the two rookies.

I still don't hate our chances of winning this series. I'm not smashing the panic button just yet but lets see how game 3 goes. Get down another 2 or 3 goals and I'm gonna worry. But remember. After 1 intermission we were freaking out wailing "WELCOME TO PITTSBURGH" and still damn near won with Kucherov being AWOL. If the team gave up as fast as we do we'd have lost 8-1 last night. We've seen more glory since our CBJ crash than most franchises have seen in 40 years. We gotta remember to breathe and act like we've been there before

I think we should know by now that two wins aren't guaranteed in anything, especially the playoffs. Series isn't over until its over.

Reactions: Tampa22

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

welcome to Pittsburgh

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Vasy mostly stood on his head and gave us a chance to win but I am absolutely bewildered by how bad he is playing the puck. Against a team like Florida that just dumps it around the boards 90% of the time Vasy either misses the puck or when he corrals it takes a long time to make the worst decision.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
We gonna win series, as strong Panthers looks on paper and by stats, they dont dominated how they should, we didnt play really bad games 1 and 2, we will turn it over and win series. Go Bolts!

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
We gonna win series, as strong Panthers looks on paper and by stats, they dont dominated how they should, we didnt play really bad games 1 and 2, we will turn it over and win series. Go Bolts!
Panthers in 5 seems more likely. But with Bennett out, gotta take advantage of their lineup being obviously weaker, plus having last change for more favorable matchups. Won't matter if they don't come out skating like it's the last lap at Daytona or Talladega to start Game 3. Gotta get the 1st goal and control the game.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad