Post-Game Talk: 2024 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | FLA wins 4-1

Who wins?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Price premium for play off tickets this year seems much higher especially the first round. Even a short run may be profitable for VSG

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I don't fear the kitty cats. Until they win a cup, they are pretenders.
They are the dirtiest team in the league.

Lightning east playoff path is rarely easy
  • They seem to get a brutal, more physical, and highly contested 1st round match-up yearly.
  • Picking east path is like picking between poison, 1,000 cuts, or a slow death. No great choice really and one just smacks down what's in front of ya.
  • With Lightning depth being biggest weakness this year: it might be best face one of toughest east opponents early on. When legs/bodies are freshest they'll be during these playoffs. Unless Lightning can sweep and rest up, but thought of to much playoff rest..... Grrrrrr
  • Success odds are increased a bunch if Motte & Glendening come back healthy. Their Special teams play and face-offs contributions these year have been huge!
  • Staying healthy will make or break Lightning these playoffs.
  • Vasy will need to be great, but turnovers have to stop, especially unforced!
  • Would be nice if D started finding back of net.
  • I'm a superstitious sports freak: Sorry Sheary, nothing personal but bad mojo is following you bro and it's coming off Joanna like. Pray, dance around a fire, call a Voodoo doctor, go on some mushroom trip, or whatever it takes to do away with this funk. We're pulling for Sheary and would love for him to go off during playoffs. Think it would be fun to watch after season he's had. OK, enough with the silly/joking talk.
  • Need 1-1 split to start on road
  • Chance to get 3"Cups" in 5 years, take it Lightning.
It's go time, every game matters and we're about to find out how this new Lightning bunch handles playoff pressure. Not so much worried about experienced core, that have been here and done that. It's how new additions handle playoff hockey that bring about biggest ???????'s heading in to playoffs. If they can handle playoff pressure without million turnovers, Lightning increase odds of doing something special 10-fold.

Go Lightning !!!!!!
Your optimism gave me more hope. Thanks. Go Lightning!

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Let the turds take a few penalties and feel the wrath of the best power play in the NHL and they will probably tone it down a little. Of course we're dealing with NHL refs so Florida getting penalties could be a fantasy.

Go Vasy!!!!
Go Bolts!!!!

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Kuch 6th best player in the playoffs according to ESPN. LOL.

"The star winger had a point on over 50% of his team's goals this season, something only six other players have accomplished in NHL history."

I don't know who has a more compelling argument for the MVP than that.

Reactions: Renopucker

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Bennett but I wouldn't be surprised if that guy couldn't even read so hopefully he can't find Kucherov on the ice.
Doesn't matter tbh. I'll never forget that cheapshot on Coleman that caved them the first meeting. The dude is an imbecile and absolutely why I don't want to play them. Him and Nick Cousins are such dirty bastards it wouldn't surprise me to see either or both take runs to injure. Add the supporting cast of Lomberg, Tkachuk, Mikaela, and even that whiny bitch Montour, that team is dirty as f***.

Last edited:

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
"The star winger had a point on over 50% of his team's goals this season, something only six other players have accomplished in NHL history."

I don't know who has a more compelling argument for the MVP than that.
“Matthews impresses every season”

Notice how it doesn’t say “postseason”.

Who's going to try to injure Kuch in this series since Duclair is on our team now?
Scott Mayfield

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Here's to hoping that Bob is good for a few softies this series, can't afford to have him stand on his head, especially with the talent he has around him.

Go Boltz!!!!

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Vasy finished 28th in GA, 33rd in SP, and 9th in wins. In other words, he was carried all season. Lets hope he returns the favor in the playoffs because we're not winning shit if he doesn't step it up big time.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Vasy finished 28th in GA, 33rd in SP, and 9th in wins. In other words, he was carried all season. Lets hope he returns the favor in the playoffs because we're not winning shit if he doesn't step it up big time.
He started turning it on later in the season. Don't forget, he wasn't 100%/back in good rhythm when he came back. Plus the horrific defensive breakdowns we saw frequently until the trade deadline, and we still see it sometimes now.

Reactions: Peacefool

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019

He gave up a ton of softies until about March. Most goals since then have been horrendous d-zone bonehead plays with little to no chance for Vasy or stupidly sliding too early on a 2-1 giving up tap ins. He has only let in a few softies since March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad