Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I get it about the Marchand troll on Bertuzzi but 0-for-5 is on the Leafs.
Game 1: Leafs PP 0 for 3. Leafs PK 3 for 5.
Game 2: Leafs PP 1 for 3. Leafs PK 1 for 2.
Game 3: Leafs PP 0 for 5. Leafs PK 1 for 2 (yeah, Marchand's goal was PP, but EN....so meh)

Leafs tie Bruins in special teams.....Leafs win game.
Leafs lose to Bruins in special teams......Leafs lose game.

Special teams are KILLING the Leafs this series so far.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
To be honest I feel a lot better about the Sabres going forward versus the Leafs, despite the difference in regular season success. Their roster is just super flawed, and they don't have the cap flexibility to fix it. All of their stars have a full NMC for this next season. After that Tavares is off the books and they might have to let Marner walk. It's possible I'm delusional, but getting bounced in the first round every year seems about as fun as missing the playoffs every year.

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To be honest I feel a lot better about the Sabres going forward versus the Leafs, despite the difference in regular season success. Their roster is just super flawed, and they don't have the cap flexibility to fix it. All of their stars have a full NMC for this next season. After that Tavares is off the books and they might have to let Marner walk. It's possible I'm delusional, but getting bounced in the first round every year seems about as fun as missing the playoffs every year.

I mean, I remember the '80's and Buffalo going 10 years without advancing. That is no fun at all.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Remember: We have the one thing that they don't have that shall lead us to glory:
FB_IMG_1704491299693.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kirby11

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Is this a hint that one of Lindy’s assistants will be AI?

Because…if I’m being honest…it wouldn’t be that big of a surprise.

Prompt: Pretend you are an assistant NHL hockey coach. There are 8 minutes left in the first period and my team has given up their third goal. It is obvious they didn't come prepared, and their head isn't in the game. Should I:
A) Pull the goalie to send a message
B) Take a timeout and try to regroup
C) Do nothing and just hope things get better

Response:
In this situation, I'd recommend option B: taking a timeout to try to regroup. This allows you to calm the players down, reset their focus, and possibly make some quick tactical adjustments. Pulling the goalie (option A) might be too drastic at this point and could further demoralize your team if it backfires. Option C, doing nothing, isn't advisable given that the team clearly needs some intervention to change the current momentum. A timeout gives you a chance to communicate directly, reinforce the game plan, and boost the team's morale.

I dunno...seems like an improvement over what we had for in-game tactics

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Skinner not having a sterling effort tonight

I didn't see the first goal.....but you can't blame him on goals 2 and 3 at all.

Goal 2 was just a sterling play by Kempe. No goalie is stopping that.

Goal 3....Skinner was tracking Doughty well.....until the backchecker hacked Doughty and everything went to hell.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I didn't see the first goal.....but you can't blame him on goals 2 and 3 at all.

Goal 2 was just a sterling play by Kempe. No goalie is stopping that.

Goal 3....Skinner was tracking Doughty well.....until the backchecker hacked Doughty and everything went to hell.
Kempe’s second was just a freak play but I don’t care for his passivity and positioning on pretty much any of them. You make your own luck to some extent and he’s been plenty unlucky tonight

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I

Hate the Stars but man that was a train wreck

Woo, that’s my new team!

Seriously though- imagine the force necessary to stop a man moving forwards and lift him fully off his feet. Shit happens rarely, I think Bennett levitated Slavin last year, but dear lord these dudes create some force. Ekholm on Rantanen, for a recent one.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Frustrating period in Edmonton. I thought LA might’ve had a chance here but they got worn down after a strong start. Edmonton looks too confident and fresh for me to want to stay awake to finish the 3rd. Boo!

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Woo, that’s my new team!

Seriously though- imagine the force necessary to stop a man moving forwards and lift him fully off his feet. Shit happens rarely, I think Bennett levitated Slavin last year, but dear lord these dudes create some force. Ekholm on Rantanen, for a recent one.
Marchment goes 6'5" 215, it must be like hitting a concrete wall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad