Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
So granted it is PV and Madden but at 3OA the Ducks really aren't going to go way off the board with the pick. It would seem that they will pick one of the following:
Demidov
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom

I won't speculate on the likelihood of trading down b/c that hardly ever happens. That said, I don't see them trading the pick outright.

Reactions: GunnarStahl

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know everyone is thinking D, but what do you guys think about Lindstrom
Not a big fan of him before injury, less of a fan afterwards.

Its going to be tough to get me to go forward (assuming 1. celebrini, 2. Demidov)

The next forwards are kinda meh , or similar to what we already have...

Basically Anaheim gets their choice of their favorite Dmen in the draft... were generally very good at drafting dmen.

I think the pick ends up between
Silayev and Levshunov

Reactions: Son of Gib

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Still working, so this is late, but did Verbeek look really really not happy or was it me?

He looked the same before the pick and after the pick, with the exception of a old Western cowboy side chomp.

On the plus side, the Ducks' watch party was celebrating as if they won the first overall pick. Granted, I'd be ecstatic that we didn't move down to 4 or 5 and knowing the Blackhawks weren't gifted the #1 pick for a second draft season in a row.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Given our track record picking D vs F, I will feel a whole lot more comfortable if they go with a D. (and no, Carlsson doesn't count)
Do McTavish and Zegras count? our late 1st round forward drafting is certainly questionable at times but besides Nick Ritchie our high 1st picks have been pretty solid

With that said if Demidov isn't available I'd definitely prefer to go with a D

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He looked the same before the pick and after the pick, with the exception of a old Western cowboy side chomp.

On the plus side, the Ducks' watch party was celebrating as if they won the first overall pick. Granted, I'd be ecstatic that we didn't move down to 4 or 5 and knowing the Blackhawks weren't gifted the #1 pick for a second draft season in a row.
Chicago hate runs deep to the point wed be happier if instate rival wins 1st overall.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I know everyone is thinking D, but what do you guys think about Lindstrom

I like Lindstrom very much! Here's my top-3 selections
1. C Celebrini
2. RD Lev
3. C Lindstrom or LD Dickinson

I do have a fear that Lev will be selected before #3.

=======
For more info some prospects, here's Scott Wheeler's breakdown

Wheeler's got two tiers in the top-12
Tier 1
1. Celebrini (no shock)​
Tier 2
2. RD Lev​
3. RW Demidov​
4. LW Eiserman​
5. RD Parekh​
6. LD Dickinson​
7. LD Buium​
8. LD Silayev​
9. C Catton​
10. C Helenius​
11. C Lindstrom (due to not playing much in the 2nd half of the season/injury)​
12. RD Yakemchuck​

Here is the Hockey Writer's draft guide.

Also a new media on the scene from the usual suspects, Upside Hockey

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Do McTavish and Zegras count? our late 1st round forward drafting is certainly questionable at times but besides Nick Ritchie our high 1st picks have been pretty solid

I'd say Z doesn't count. Rumor had it BM wanted Broberg but when the Oil spoiled that for him one pick ahead of us, he had to take a falling Z. Also, there's the fact that we did a pretty good job of finding Hampus at 6, Minty at 10, as well as Luneau and Z2 both in the 2nd round. which were all great picks. I just think our expertise skews to D more than F.

Reactions: 70sSanO

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like Lindstrom very much! Here's my top-3 selections
1. C Celebrini
2. RD Lev
3. C Lindstrom or LD Dickinson

I do have a fear that Lev will be selected before #3.

=======
For more info some prospects, here's Scott Wheeler's breakdown

Wheeler's got two tiers in the top-12
Tier 1
1. Celebrini (no shock)​
Tier 2
2. RD Lev​
3. RW Demidov​
4. LW Eiserman​
5. RD Parekh​
6. LD Dickinson​
7. LD Buium​
8. LD Silayev​
9. C Catton​
10. C Helenius​
11. C Lindstrom (due to not playing much in the 2nd half of the season/injury)​
12. RD Yakemchuck​

Here is the Hockey Writer's draft guide.

Also a new media on the scene from the usual suspects, Upside Hockey

Chicago fans seem to think they will go forward(Demidov seems like the guy they want).

I think San Jose winning was best case scenario for us, if levshunov is our guy

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Given our track record picking D vs F, I will feel a whole lot more comfortable if they go with a D. (and no, Carlsson doesn't count)

During our rebuild and reset rebuild, we've been a jewel in the league at F and D.

2019: 9th, C Zegras (dropped down 1 in the lottery)
2020: 6th, D Drysdale (dropped down 1 in the lottery)
2021: 3rd, C McTavish (dropped down 1 in the lottery)
2022: 10th, D Mintyukov
2023: 2nd, C Carlsson (dropped down 1 in the lottery)

But we traded D Drysdale for 2022, 5th overall LW/C Cutter Gauthier. We're forward heavy in top-10 picks and only one top-10 D pick in our org. Would love to add another top-10 D b/c finding potential top-4D or top pairing D is difficult to acquire.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think that was because it was the Sharks party mislabeled as Anaheim. Those jerseys all looked teal to me. And you're right, they were celebrating like somebody who just won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad