Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
This definitely wasn't a good outcome, don't count me in as being one who's relieved SJ got it, i'd much have preferred somebody under us to get that pick.

SJ made out great in these two years. They got a great forward prospect in a draft with a strong 1st round for forwards and then get the 1st overall pick in a draft with one great forward prospect and a bunch of good, but flawed d prospects. Honestly they made out better than we did on a net basis i'd say. Frustrating.
Eh, SJ's prospect pool is probably somewhere around us (a little bit better, IMO) while their "just graduated from prospect" pool is significantly behind us. They have Eklund and....? Henry Thrun?

They have a looooong way to go.

Reactions: Boo Boo

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
This definitely wasn't a good outcome, don't count me in as being one who's relieved SJ got it, i'd much have preferred somebody under us to get that pick.

SJ made out great in these two years. They got a great forward prospect in a draft with a strong 1st round for forwards and then get the 1st overall pick in a draft with one great forward prospect and a bunch of good, but flawed d prospects. Honestly they made out better than we did on a net basis i'd say. Frustrating.
I’m sure all of us would have preferred someone lower, but SJ was the lesser of two evils between them are Chicago. We have to go through both to get a cup regardless, and I’d rather try my hand at Celebrini-Smith than Bedard Celebrini. Much can change with future lotteries, but as it stands I still take our potential top 2 centers over theirs right now.

Reactions: MD93

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I think Levshunov is definitely an option for them. The highest upside RHD in their organization is Sam Rinzel, and outside of him, there isn't really anyone else.
They have holes everywhere except 1C. Lots of options to take that arent our first choice.

Chicago fans overwhelmingly want Demidov

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I feel some relief knowing the option is between like 10 defensemen because I just know Madden already has his guy circled and he will turn into a stud.

Forwards, I would be much more stressed.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Attachments

• Luke_Skywalker_Never.gif
    Luke_Skywalker_Never.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yay we didn't drop!!!

I missed it because my interview went long. 2 hours of chit chatting really. The irony of quitting my job because they wouldn't let me have the day off to watch the draft and then my interview to replace the job goes so long that I still miss the draft is not lost on me. But I'm not mad, it's the principle of it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lindstrom would be my choice, fills a big need as the top 6 as usual are incredibly soft and easy to play against. Obviously a big physical Dman top 2 dman is needed but nobody stands out here
silayev has potential to be exactly that. hope he's the pick but i know they'll go for levshunov if he's still there

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Even with the lottery win, SJ doesn't have a Dman prospect who can become a 1D.
Shakir and Thrun can become 2Ds but they lack a Mintyukov type prospect.
We won't have to see Silayev destroying the Ducks with his hits if SJ had won the #2/#3 pick.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I am willing to bet Demidov is their guy as a consolation linemate for Bedard.
So then the Ducks pick Silayev and then in a future playoff series Cutter and Silayev are dishing out big hits on Bedard and Demidov lol. I'm fine with Chicago getting Demidov for that reason, it means Madden gets his Dman, whomever it may be.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Now to decide if I actually want to pay 258 dollars to go to the draft in person to see them pick a guy I wouldn't be too hyped about. Wish it was in Vegas last year.

Reactions: lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad