Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yakemchuk is very old for this class. And is AHL eligible after next season. I think he could be a good bet to make an impact sooner than most.

I think Dickinson is another that qualifies because he’s got the frame, the feet and the NHL style game. He could take the Chychrun fast-track and bypass the AHL.

Buium, of course, is not subject to the CHL/AHL agreement and doesn’t have a whole lot to prove as an amateur after this incredible season. But I suspect he’s going to be the 1st defenseman off the board. So unless we win the lottery for 2nd overall, I don’t think he’s got much of a shot at being drafted by us.
so push come to shove, who are you selecting?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
so push come to shove, who are you selecting?

Tough question for him to answer until we see whose available (already selected).

I could just post my top eight and that would satisfy the question, I think:
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Buium
  4. Dickinson
  5. Yakemchuk
  6. Levshunov
  7. Lindstrom
  8. Parekh
This could change a lot with the u18s coming up and the CHL playoffs still going.

rt

May 13, 2004

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Surprising that Jiricek has stayed so high on many lists despite the disaster of a season that he had. He must have made a big impression at the Hlinka.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Barring a team moving up in the lottery, Yotes will pick 6th. They will get a pretty good D prospect - Dickenson, Yakemchuk, Silayev...

Reactions: Kai Yo T

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
FYI......

I've just opened a new thread in the new Utah team forum for the upcoming draft.

You are welcome to carry on the discussion over there OR remain here for now..... OR use both.

Summer Rose and I are gatekeeping the new forum so it would be nice to have a few familiar faces. :thumbu:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
34% likelihood of drafting 6th
41% likelihood of drafting 7th

9% likelihood of drafting 8th
8% likelihood of drafting 1st
8% likelihood of drafting 2nd

Reactions: Antonche

rt

May 13, 2004
Does Buium last to 7? No way. Gotta win a lottery.
I don’t think he lasts to 7th, no. It’s possible, but I doubt it. Not after the season he had. Would we take him 2nd overall? I don’t think it’s crazy. I could definitely see him being our top ranked D. If we don’t want to take the risk on Demidov, I could see us taking Buium. That would be pretty fun.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don’t think he lasts to 7th, no. It’s possible, but I doubt it. Not after the season he had. Would we take him 2nd overall? I don’t think it’s crazy. I could definitely see him being our top ranked D. If we don’t want to take the risk on Demidov, I could see us taking Buium. That would be pretty fun.
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't hate taking him 1. I haven't seen a ton of games from him and Celebrini (5 each roughly), and Celebrini looked great in the world juniors, but Buium looked so much more impactful in the frozen 4 run than Celebrini.

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't hate taking him 1. I haven't seen a ton of games from him and Celebrini (5 each roughly), and Celebrini looked great in the world juniors, but Buium looked so much more impactful in the frozen 4 run than Celebrini.
You gotta take Celebrini at 1. I get what you are saying and I am sure this is true but to a lesser extent for Buium, but going in to a game where you are playing Celebrini, you gotta imagine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing the coach says is focus on stopping this guy.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
You gotta take Celebrini at 1. I get what you are saying and I am sure this is true but to a lesser extent for Buium, but going in to a game where you are playing Celebrini, you gotta imagine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing the coach says is focus on stopping this guy.
You're probably right, I'm just saying I wouldn't be upset at BA if that's what went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad